GMC Acadia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the number for GM customer service today. I'm going to call in the morning.
I'm so mad at the dealership right now. :angryfire:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Do you have another dealership close by. Al I did was walk in and said to the service manager was "What the he** is wrong with this tranny!" 30 minutes later it was done. Talk to the owner of the dealership also!

·
Registered
15 Posts
We brought our Acadia in the other day for a recall and a rattle in the dash. The recall has to do with the shift knob possibly displaying the incorrect gear. They had to order that. They fixed the rattle but my wife picked the vehicle up so she did not inspect it. They left grease marks on the headliner when they snapped the piece back in and they apparently used a screwdriver to access the screw to move the piece and it is gouged up. You would think they would wash their hands in between vehicles. This vehicle is not even a month old. The funniest thing of all was that they told my wife that in a few weeks she would receive a survey in the mail from GM and if she brought it to them without filling it would they would give us a free oil change. I will be calling Monday morning to discuss the sloppy work and see if they will make things right. If not, the survey will be sent in!!

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
jcieutat said:
The funniest thing of all was that they told my wife that in a few weeks she would receive a survey in the mail from GM and if she brought it to them without filling it would they would give us a free oil change.
I would fill out the survey and skip the oil change and then make them gets the grease marks off the headliner

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Most dealers are very sensitive about the survey thing. Surpising you have such a sloppy one. That's unacceptable. Speak with them and I suspect they will correct the sloppy work.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Yeah I bet their continuance in the GM world depends upon those survey's

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
jsimms said:
Yeah I bet their continuance in the GM world depends upon those survey's
The dealer I was using (before they shut their doors several months ago) used to call me after each service to make sure I was satisfied. They would then explain the survey process. I agree its probably more critical now than ever.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dealership called me back the other day and they ordered the new piece that was damaged and stated that they would take care of the grease spots on the headliner. I also inquired about the gas mileage and he stated that he would come on a drive with me and hook up a device that gives real time gas mileage. We shall see but overall we love the vehicle. My sharpboard running boards came in the other day. I will probably put them on this weekend. I am not too excited about drilling holes under there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I think I found a fix for my turn signals going crazy in my 2010.

2010 Models

#09195: Customer Satisfaction - Turn Signal Lamps Flash Fast - Replace Tail Lamp Assemblies - (Aug 14, 2009)
Applies to VIN# between AJ100053-AJ105227

My VIN is about mid-pack.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dealer just ordered the $2.69 bulbs for the recall.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it possible to have recalls, tsb's and or campaigns taken care of by a local dealer without warranty? My Acadia has almost 69k miles on it so I know the drivetrain warranty is there but what about issues not drivetrain related?

How would one go about having a dealer fixing this issues?

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Mileage is not a factor for recalls; any other TSB's etc would need to be covered by yourself or possibly an extended warranty. If you become aware of a TSB concerning your Acadia; take it in to the dealer and quote them the TSB number. The dealer can run it to see what work you want done.

·
Registered
49 Posts
AA/78U said:
Mileage is not a factor for recalls; any other TSB's etc would need to be covered by yourself or possibly an extended warranty. If you become aware of a TSB concerning your Acadia; take it in to the dealer and quote them the TSB number. The dealer can run it to see what work you want done.
Thanks. I don't have any major concerns yet. There is the tranny whine with sluggish acceleration but I've read on here that its just how they designed them to save on gas mileage (unless I read incorrectly). There are small things here and there that I've noticed are not perfect, one of which is getting annoying is the rear door wont go down automatically either from the inside, the key fob nor the button underneath. It almost sounds like the crush stop sensor (dont know the actual name of that feature) is being triggered somehow.

Since my Acadia is an 07, would a dealer have records of services done going back almost 4 years? If so, am I entitled to a copy of that record?

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
I have had my current dealer/service department print off that report twice. Once the short recap version and once I had him print off a more comprehensive detailed version.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Projekt1 said:
Since my Acadia is an 07, would a dealer have records of services done going back almost 4 years? If so, am I entitled to a copy of that record?
Any dealer can print off a list of maintenance done by a dealer............there is also another source for this info. Private message member GeoHawk with your VIN and he can run off the same report; just be prepared to wait a few days he can be busy with work

Now for the rear door; explain further..........the rear hatch won't close completely under power?

·
Registered
49 Posts
AA/78U said:
Any dealer can print off a list of maintenance done by a dealer............there is also another source for this info. Private message member GeoHawk with your VIN and he can run off the same report; just be prepared to wait a few days he can be busy with work

Now for the rear door; explain further..........the rear hatch won't close completely under power?
PM sent to Geo..

The rear "liftgate" will not close. I can press any of the three buttons that would normally close it but it wont work. Opening the liftgate is no problem. When one of the buttons are pressed (to close it) it sounds like its trying to wok but it doesn't. Sometimes it'll lightly go down (bout an inch or so) then come right back up as if the pinch sensors were triggered somehow but there is nothing in sight that would cause the sensors to trigger it.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Projekt1 said:
PM sent to Geo..

The rear "liftgate" will not close. I can press any of the three buttons that would normally close it but it wont work. Opening the liftgate is no problem. When one of the buttons are pressed (to close it) it sounds like its trying to wok but it doesn't. Sometimes it'll lightly go down (bout an inch or so) then come right back up as if the pinch sensors were triggered somehow but there is nothing in sight that would cause the sensors to trigger it.
I had an issue with my liftgate; ended up being the liftgate control module[/color]; dealer fix

I retract my above statement; my dealer replace the latch; see link below

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4036.msg102429#msg102429

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Projekt1 said:
:eek:hno:Aww mean guess I have to look into the extended warranty cause I have none right now.
FWIW; I have extended warranty on my 07 and have used it twice--liftgate and smoked wiring on a low beam light

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took my Acadia in to get the headlight connections replaced according to the letter I received from GM and they informed me that there was another recall on my Acadia and wanted to know if I wanted them to take care of it while they were working on it. I decided to check into it before I let them do it, he said it was recall number N1000085 not sure what that is exactly but he said it was what he showed on his list. Anyway looked on here a little and on the net and didn't see it mentioned. It was supposed to be air bag wiring harness replacement? anybody else had that done? I know what that is pretty much but I didn't want to mess with my air bag wiring unless I really need to.

thanks.
AD

81 - 100 of 140 Posts
About this Discussion
139 Replies
56 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing