GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a recall notice via email for my Acadia this morning through the GM owner center on GMLink that I'm registered with....

anyone familiar with recall details? It's not on the site that I can find...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can't believe they didn't give you any details! I just went out on the web and couldn't find anything about the Acadia except that old recall from December, where water was freezing on the engine block mount. Have you called your dealer? They can type that info into some kind of a data bank pretty quickly. Of course GMC.com had nothing on "recalls" when I did a search!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just hung up with GM cust serv...they have very limited info. Something about "install grill inlet panel...blah, balh, blah..."

doesn't sound too serious......we'll find out Monday morning. Any guesses on this one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allright, here's the latest...the recall is for fixing or adding (dealer couldn't tell me) a panel near the inlet grill at the bottom of the windshield...still not sure what the problem is. Stay tuned. If anyone else gets the scoop let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just spoke with the service department at the dealership. The recall is for a computer update (flash) for the vehicle. It appears that there is a draw from the battery when the car is not running and a possiblility of a dead battery. They stated that the process to re-flash the onboard computers takes between 1 - 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Tonight I had the windows open, the hatch up, & the XM cranking while watching the grandkids playing outside in the 70 degree weather before I gave her the 3rd wash job. (not to rub it in) :)

I got to crawling around under the hood & the big box that looks like a regulator of some kind was very hot to the touch. ???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the information. I tried to look it up at the site, but unless you have a VIN #, you can't get any recall info. Same if you call customer service. (our car was scheduled to be built last week). Thanks again for sharing that information.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Last night I recieved a courtesy call from a GM rep who wanted to make sure that I was aware of all the vehicle's features, which I thought was a great gesture on the part of GM as there are several cool features that you want to take advantage of. During our discussion, I mentioned this site and that I'd heard of one or two recalls, but hadn't received any notices. She said that there was one on record, at least for my vehicle's build date, regarding an airbag sensor (which is a little scary). She said that I'd be receiving a notice with a request to bring in my vehicle to reprogram a computer. This may be linked to the earlier post on the recall due to a need to reprogram the computer (something to do with draining the battery).

Anyone hear anything more on the sticking of the gas gauge? Like clockwork, I read the post on this site and that evening I left work thinking that I had a 1/4 tank only to find that it was on empty. I was really surprised as there's no way that I burned through that much gas driving 30 miles to work in the morning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jasper,

I too have noticed the gas guage problem. I'll park it with half a tank and then get back in it and it's at 3/4 and then it'll go back and forth. It's kind of all over the map. It's not very consistent from day to day. Any info anyone here has on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
The best discussion of the fuel guage issue that I have found is on the Saturnalia web site regarding the Outlook: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94488.

The linked thread includes some information quoted from GM. It appears there are two problems, one caused by parking on a slope, and the second by cold weather. It doesn't appear that GM has a fix for either at this time.

Kelly

·
Registered
364 Posts
A bit of trivia from the recall story--

The recall affects all 13,032 of the vehicles on the road. [/color]

Now we know how many cars are out there!

Our forum sightings appear to have been about 1 percent!! (about 13 car sightings!)

·
Registered
310 Posts
002 said:
A bit of trivia from the recall story--

The recall affects all 13,032 of the vehicles on the road. [/color]

Now we know how many cars are out there!

Our forum sightings appear to have been about 1 percent!! (about 13 car sightings!)
Actually that is .1% sighted.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Thanks for the heads up guys! I'm going to create a recall sticky thread and put this info there, but it won't be open for replies, so if needed, keep discussing in here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The 13k must be about 99% Saturns. I have not seen an Outlook on the road either. Kind of strange.

·
Registered
156 Posts
FRW said:
The 13k must be about 99% Saturns. I have not seen an Outlook on the road either. Kind of strange.
According to Saturn Customer Assistance, Saturn had approx. 6,000 of the 14,693.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts