GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Was just checking mygmlink.com and saw this listed as a second recall. No other info though. Just that number. Anyone get any info on this? ???

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
MyGMLink.com won't recognize my VIN. Do I really have to wait 60 days to enter it? I'd like to be able to see information on recalls and such too.

As such, no, I haven't seen or heard anything on this recall you mention.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Web Raven said:
MyGMLink.com won't recognize my VIN. Do I really have to wait 60 days to enter it? I'd like to be able to see information on recalls and such too.

As such, no, I haven't seen or heard anything on this recall you mention.
took about 2 weeks for me to be able to add it. Probably depends on how quick your dealer is ;D

Speaking of dealers, since mine is still there, I just called them. He said it looks like it's the TCM calibration they just did! :D He's going to do some research on it but it looks like GM rolled it out as a recall. Pays to be an informed consumer! ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
it doesn't have my VIN yet either :mad:

I did some searching, and went on the NHTSA site, and could not find anything new...

·
Registered
80 Posts
When questioning my dealer on these recalls, he advised me that they do a check on all TSBs and Recalls before they "deliver" the car. I told him I would expect nothing less, but apparently this isn't always the case.

Of course, I do not have mine yet - so my weekend trip will have to be in the Equinox - can't wait to see how the kids do with a 4 hour drive in this after having the Sequoia for 4 years. BTW - the 2nd row Captains Chairs was a primary selling feature in the 'Cadia

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I JUST got back from our dealer to get the airbag recall update. I also printed out and showed them the transmission TSB. On my invoice, they actually show THREE updated performed.

1) #07008 - Air Inlet Panel to Windshield Gap. Correction: Resecured Panel. (operation: Y0136)
2) #07043 - Reprograming of Airbag Module. Correction: reprogrammed. (operation: V1563)
3) #07058 - Transmission Correction: Reprogram TCM (operation: V1572)

I'm assuming that 07058 was in response to the transmission lag others have reported. Not sure if this has been upgraded to a "recall" or if the verbiage is just getting mixed up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
admin said:
I'm assuming that 07058 was in response to the transmission lag others have reported. Not sure if this has been upgraded to a "recall" or if the verbiage is just getting mixed up.
my dealer just called me back and confirmed that this recall is the same as the TCM Calibration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts