1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we know:
7043= Airbag Recall
7058= TCM reprogram

Anyone know what the 7073[/color] is about?

It showed up on MyGmlink.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got the same notification. I contacted the dealer and they do not have any additional information. The text from the email I got this morning is:

SVC UPD-INVENT/CUST VEH-IMPROVED TRANS CONTROL CALS **EXPIRES BASE WARRANTY**

It looks like its another calibration for the transmission. I have an appt. this Saturday. The dealer told me that they should have more information on it by then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went in this morning to get the Transmission recall (07058) taken care of. My airbags had been updated already. They also found 07073 when they did the VIS report.

Notes from receipt for 07073:
Technician inspected and lubricated steering intermediate shaft boot. Tested liftgate touchpad switch-ok, and re-routed drivers seat memory module harness per GM bulletin instructions. Effective repair.

The trans fix is excellent, you will be pleasantly surprised. I don't think 07073 has anything to do with the Trans.

-Donny

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have to bring my Acadia in this morning and I greatly appreciate the information on this board because now I can tell them there is another one. Thank you!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Donny,

You are correct that 07073 has nothing to do with the transmission calibration. 07058 if related to that. It was initially a TSB (Technical Service bulletin) and they made it a recall over the weekend. Supposedly, GM was behind in sending out the email and I thought it was new on for the transmission, but I already had that one done.

I will get the 07073 done this weekend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A little more on 7073 or document ID 1914921.  Addresses three separate issues:

(1) Wiring harness under driver seat.  Remove seat,
inspect harness for binding/pinching tie wrap harness
out of harms way.  Don't attempt yourself, an airbag
module is nearby.  Only applies to vehicles with power/memory
driver's seat.

(2)  Open/close rear lift gate 3 times in succession
using the switches on the liftgate.  If no problem,
nothing further is required.  If problem, replace
switch(s). 

(3)  Lubricate the I-shaft bearing/boot with GM
Superlube®, or equivalent, to relieve the friction
between the boot and the carrier.  This is a simple
procedure to lubricate the intermediate steering shaft
boot/carrier contact points and is done from the
interior of the vehicle. 

·
Registered
261 Posts
I took my Acadia in this morning for a couple of recalls but while the # 7073 popped up on my vin# they had no additional information as far as what it was for. I get my Acadia back tomorrow and I'll find out if they did anything under 7073.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts