GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my FWD SLT Acadia [/color] in for the two recalls that it needed, #07058 and 07073 last friday. Got the tranny reprogramed (07058) but they couldn't finish 07073 because parts were needed. I was of the understanding that this was just a simple lubrication process. Here is what the work ticket reads

campaign 0703: sub-memory seat, liftgate switch, intermediate steering shaft boot updates. parts on regular order from GM... campaign to be completed upon reciept of same and at the convenience of the customer.

part number: 15934060 description: switch[/color]

OK, since I don't have the programable seat or the automatice liftgate, the only thing needing done on my vehicle is the steering shaft (which the mechanic tells me should explain the "thunk" I am hearing in the car when I drive it, and the fix should get rid of it). Anyway, I was surprised to hear there was a part involved, has anyone else had a part involved in this fix or does this mean damage has been done to my vehicle because I drove it with the factory installed pieces? I'll be asking the mechanic more when I go in, but wanted to be better prepared. Anyone out there understand this better than I, and can explain it to me?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting,

My Equinox went in for the exact same service, and they told me that they are waiting on the part? Been waiting for over a week now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Went back in today to finnish this recall and got a better explanation. Yes I did need a new part, its the switch that releases the rear hatch (I don't have electronic hatch, just the manual one and it did need a new switch). I saw on the other recall notices that it mentioned testing the switch to see if it needed to be replaced (by opening and closing three times). My mechanic guy told me they were just going ahead and replacing the switch because the result of failure is that you CAN NOT open your rear hatch and they have been having to cut into them to get the piece replaced, leading to complete replacement of the rear hatch. It's much cheaper to just go ahead and replace the swtich before it breaks.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Does this mean they are replacing that switch on ALL Acadias? I took mine in right before 07073 came out...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Does this mean they are replacing that switch on ALL Acadias? I took mine in right before 07073 came out...
It sounds more like an individual dealer's decision, and a SMART one at that!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the info listed earlier on VIN's is correct (and from what I've found, it looks spot on), then it should apply to Acadias with VINs ranging from

7J100107 through 7J124042

·
Registered
99 Posts
dinny said:
If the info listed earlier on VIN's is correct
OK - I've been looking but can't find the post about the range of VIN numbers that need recalls. Please, could someone point me to the correct post? :help:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks dinny! :thumb: I've been looking all over! Surprisingly, my car is not included in any of the recalls.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I've also updated the official (sticky) recall thread with Affected VIN info.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got mine done yesterday and they did lube the steering, but did not replace the switch, it says working properly on the work order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts