GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the deal is with getting rebates when ordering from the factory? I recently ordered my Acadia, got the best deal I could and asked about any rebates. Saleman said no rebates on factory orders. I noticed afterward I initialed the box that states all rebates are assigned to the dealer. Tonite I got an email from a dealer I was considering ordering from stating he could give me 500 bonus cash and 1,000 conquest cash. I'm calling my saleman tomorrow and cancelling if he refuses to give the rebates :mad:. Don't like doing this but 1.500 in my pocket is better than theirs.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Bill N said:
Does anyone know what the deal is with getting rebates when ordering from the factory? I recently ordered my Acadia, got the best deal I could and asked about any rebates. Saleman said no rebates on factory orders. I noticed afterward I initialed the box that states all rebates are assigned to the dealer. Tonite I got an email from a dealer I was considering ordering from stating he could give me 500 bonus cash and 1,000 conquest cash. I'm calling my saleman tomorrow and cancelling if he refuses to give the rebates :mad:. Don't like doing this but 1.500 in my pocket is better than theirs.
The ordering dealer is a scumbag.

You are entitled to $500 bonus cash and $1000 Conquest cash if you own another make of vehicle besides GM.

Also, if you are leasing, the residuals just changed.

All these incentives are thru 2/28 but have been extended to 3/15.

If you are ordering though, I doubt you would get it before 3/15.

See how long it is taking me to get mine below.

J

·
0 Posts
Ordered my Acadia on 2/3. Selling dealer would not apply rebates to the order. He told me that I would get whatever rebates that were available at the time of delivery. Wrote "All rebates and incentives apply upon delivery" on the purchase order. He said he cannot give me the bonus or conquest cash rebates if they expire before the truck is delivered. He did say the conquest cash is extended through 4/3 though.

Ordered Summit White/Ebony Leather SLT-1 Power Liftgate/Conv Pkg/8 Pass Seating/Heated Washer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
jts51 said:
Ordered my Acadia on 2/3. Selling dealer would not apply rebates to the order. He told me that I would get whatever rebates that were available at the time of delivery. Wrote "All rebates and incentives apply upon delivery" on the purchase order. He said he cannot give me the bonus or conquest cash rebates if they expire before the truck is delivered. He did say the conquest cash is extended through 4/3 though.

Ordered Summit White/Ebony Leather SLT-1 Power Liftgate/Conv Pkg/8 Pass Seating/Heated Washer.
This is the same thing that I was told, which is the same as what happened when I ordered my pickup. Delivery is when the actual sale happens, so that is when rebates are applied.

·
Registered
468 Posts
jts51 said:
Ordered my Acadia on 2/3. Selling dealer would not apply rebates to the order. He told me that I would get whatever rebates that were available at the time of delivery. Wrote "All rebates and incentives apply upon delivery" on the purchase order. He said he cannot give me the bonus or conquest cash rebates if they expire before the truck is delivered.
That actually jives with everything I have ever been told. Whatever is in effect when the car shows up is what you are eligible for. Regarding the first post, is it possible they already knocked an additional $1500 off and are simply keeping the rebates themselves? That's the way my cars have usually been written up - I get the reduction immediately and the dealer takes the rebate later on.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bill N said:
Bill, regardless of what the salesman says, I would probably cancel from this dealership if I were you. They cannot make promises of rebates, because those are at the time of delivery, but if they emphatically stated that you cannot get rebates on a factory order, then they were flat out lying.

The idea that factory orders cost the dealership more is also not true. Yes, it is true that the Acadia sitting on the lot is costing them money, and they would probably rather you buy that-- but if it is not right and you are not going to buy one off the lot, then ordering does one very beneficial thing for the dealer-- They get to order a car, just like they do every few days or week, but with that car, it is exactly right to sell within hours of rolling off the truck. There are no additional charges to ordering as opposed to the cars they get every week, that is BS.

I am awaiting ours, and I will tell you, I don't have the deal done. I didn't sign anything, I didn't initial anything, I didn't pay down one penny. They have my name, address and phone number. If they want to do me wrong when the car comes in, I walk, and they will have lost a sale. Go put the Acadia next to the five others on the lot and sell it in a week or two or maybe longer. Or maybe another dealer in town might just request that car because they have a customer who walked in and wants that particular one ;) I don't want to play games with the dealer, I just want a fair deal. I am not going to try and take all his profit, he deserves his holdback and maybe a little more, and he deserves to make a profit on selling my trade.

·
Registered
269 Posts
zman said:
is it possible they already knocked an additional $1500 off and are simply keeping the rebates themselves? That's the way my cars have usually been written up - I get the reduction immediately and the dealer takes the rebate later on.
That would make sense if he wasn't ordering, but if he is, how does the dealer know how long it will take. How does the dealer know that on April 2nd (if it takes that long or longer) that it will be at least $1500 in rebates? What if the rebates are more, or less? I doubt this dealer, putting it that way, "you don't get rebates on a factory order" is giving Bill the benefit of the rebates. He might be coming off MSRP, and guessing he will make it up with rebates, but he is not giving out the bottom line price minus rebates. And if by chance this car does not make it to the dealership until May, and there are a few Acadias on the lot heading into the 2008 model, the rebates might just get bumped to $2000 or $2500, (I doubt it) and then you have left money on the dealers table.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys, thanks for all the info. I have since called the dealer and cleared up the situation. He will give any rebates that are available at the time the car is delivered. I expect it to be delivered mid march. Does anyone know when the current rebates end. Thanks again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
GM Incentives

1) Has the $1000 GM Conquest Cash been extended past 2/28/07? I saw a rumor on this site, or gmcacadia.org that mentioned an extension until 4/3/07. However, I can't find anything on the GM or Edmunds site to confirm this.

2) Has the $500 GM Bonus Cash been extended past 2/28/07? I can't find anything on the GM or Edmunds site to confirm this either

·
Registered
322 Posts
Re: GM Incentives

I do not think anything has been confirmed by the General yet...Typically they will not make a public statement till the current offered are close to expiring.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since GM is already giving rebates on a hot selling Acadia, I am hoping the rebates get better as the year goes on especially if GM wants to keep the lead in total sales over Toyota.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rockfish said:
Since GM is already giving rebates on a hot selling Acadia, I am hoping the rebates get better as the year goes on especially if GM wants to keep the lead in total sales over Toyota.
Thats what I am hoping for. It would be great if they brought back "employee discount pricing" in the next few months.

Anyone know if that only counted towards vehicles on the lot?

gg

·
Registered
259 Posts
Keep your fingers crossed, we'll find out next week if the bonus cash will still be available next month. Would love to have that (or more ;D) when it's time to pay for mine...

Any thoughts that know more about the GMC brand if you think they'll carry it over into March?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think they may if they are selling more cars because the rebates may be encouraging people to go out and buy one. We'll see!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Let's just say the rebates hardly ever go down later in the model year.

FWIW, GM has been giving $1000 bonus cash, not $500, in the Northeast and North Central-East regions. The latter includes Michigan and Ohio but not Illinois. To see where you are, go here and enter you state and (sometimes) county:

http://www.gmbuypower.com/currentOffers.jsp

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
That extra $500 started up on Presidents day. Does GMC offer a 30 day price match guarantee like Best Buy? Can I go back and retroactively claim my $500 discount? ;) I bought mine on Feb 2!

·
Registered
284 Posts
admin said:
That extra $500 started up on Presidents day. Does GMC offer a 30 day price match guarantee like Best Buy? Can I go back and retroactively claim my $500 discount? ;) I bought mine on Feb 2!
Uh, no, but good try :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Georgia is still just the $500 bonus cash. :( Wish I lived somewhere where they were offering the $1000 instead!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
GaGirl said:
Georgia is still just the $500 bonus cash. :( Wish I lived somewhere where they were offering the $1000 instead!
You know, with the Internet and sites like these, why do companies still do this? All is does is make people mad. :-\

Kelly

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can you imagine how the $500 rebate dealers feel who are near a state line to a $1,000 rebate dealer!!!

That has to drive everyone crazy.

They either have to match or in many cases loose the sale.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts