GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insite as to what GM has in mind for after 2-28? ???

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have insight, but I do have an opinion.
And the opinion is that GMC will realize there is some relative demand for the Acadia, therefore no more incentives on it until supply catches up with demand.
Basic economic theory always seems to win out.
And if the powers to be at GM are reading this board, they certainly won't be giving anything away anytime soon. I think they would be foolish if they did anything other than that...business savvy wise.
Yours,
Pipes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not to pick a fight, but you couldnt be more wrong.
With NCAA march madness coming up and the ok demand for the acadia and its sibling outlook 50-70 day supply not great by any means. GM has traditionally had new incentive programs in conjunction with the NCAA tourney and the start of the spring retail season...

In the metro detroit area, I have been to 3 dealers with at least 15 acadias on each lot and one woth 30!!, they want to move these as production or lack of and show a first quater profit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, thirty Acadia on the lot!
That's certainly not the case in the Northeast. Had trouble finding more than 2 or 3 at any given dealership, and they were going quickly. But I'm sure that can change rather quickly.
You make some good points....thanks for the alternative viewpoint!
Yours,
Pipes

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Wow, that's certainly not the case in the Salt Lake City area. All the dealers have sold their initial allocation of Acadias, and can't get more in fast enough. I can only find one in the entire area to test drive (about seven dealers).

Kelly Flint

·
Registered
310 Posts
Right now there are more than 40 in Memphis, at my dealership there are 14 on the inventory search, and they are moving about 2 a week (plus whatever orders that don't show up on the inventory system).

I would be very surpised if there are not at least minimal rebates (the $1000 and $500 as there are currently) as there is some expectation of rebates- especially going into the last quarter of the model year. Also, given the recent comments by the Fed and that interest stayed the same, I would bet that there will be some GMAC finacial deals too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm actually in the market for a gray or black with a brick interior, (it sounds ugly but great looking) the dealer that I went to had a brick interior with almost every exterior color combination... Good for me but bad for GM.

On another point, I also realized that way too many of the acadias had the nav system and almost all of these has MSRP around 40-42K..Need a bast SLT1 with leather and not the rear radio controls and dual sunroof...

·
Registered
518 Posts
It seems like most dealers here in MN have at most 2-3 on the lot. If I was going to buy now, I would have to order it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
same in texas, at least in the dallas/fort worth area. over the last 2 weeks, i've personally visited 5 dealerships and their on site inventory ranged from 2-4. you can't go by the inventory shown on the gm website; most of them are in transit and days or weeks away.

·
Registered
97 Posts
msubleda13 said:
In the metro detroit area, I have been to 3 dealers with at least 15 acadias on each lot and one woth 30!!, they want to move these as production or lack of and show a first quater profit.
Hi msubeldo13...what part of Metro Detroit were these Acadias?? I've checked online inventories and most of them only have a few listed. Personally I've only visited one dealership because it's close to me and the one I've dealt with and they also only had about three or four on the lot. The salesman said they are selling as soon as they've come in.

Louise

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
mitchl said:
Right now there are more than 40 in Memphis, at my dealership there are 14 on the inventory search, and they are moving about 2 a week (plus whatever orders that don't show up on the inventory system).
Remember that the inventory search shows what's built but not delivered. An inventory search shows lots for Salt Lake City, but there are none on the lot. Everyone is waiting, and they sell as soon as they arrive.

Kelly

·
Registered
310 Posts
So will my Acadia on order show up in the inventory system once it starts its transit, or are customer orders separate?

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
mitchl said:
So will my Acadia on order show up in the inventory system once it starts its transit, or are customer orders separate?
I'm not certain, but it appears to cover only dealer inventory, not custom orders.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Just got word that GM will not hold incentives past 2/28 as orignally promised.

Maybe this is signs of better deals to come for March.

·
Registered
56 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Just got word that GM will not hold incentives past 2/28 as orignally promised.

Maybe this is signs of better deals to come for March.
Any chance of them being increased?

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
He couldn't give specifics b/c he hasn't heard anyhting past being told that incentives will not carry past 2/28.

When I find out more I will post.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm still holding onto my rebate type voucher from GM that expires March 15th. I"ve got my hot little hands on it, just waiting for the phone to ring!!! Or, I hope we get a VIN# as you folks once mentioned, saying once you have that, you can being the financing process (in other words, you can apply your voucher before it expires!)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
You can;t combine that voucher with the conquest rebate though.

·
Registered
458 Posts
GM holds that incentive information real close to them. You won't find out until March 1st....guaranteed. And I agree that they will definitely be running a promotion for March Madness...at least for Pontiac. I can't remember if they did something similar for the other GM brands.

·
Registered
179 Posts
etgus said:
I'm still holding onto my rebate type voucher from GM that expires March 15th. I"ve got my hot little hands on it, just waiting for the phone to ring!!! Or, I hope we get a VIN# as you folks once mentioned, saying once you have that, you can being the financing process (in other words, you can apply your voucher before it expires!)
QUOTE from NYJOe: You can;t combine that voucher with the conquest rebate though.

NYJoe: What is the conquest rebate again? I wont have to worry about using "both" because I only have the one $1000 from GM they mailed to us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts