GMC Acadia Forum banner

Has anyone else had the rear wiper break right at the joint?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our rear wiper arm has broken twice at the joint since we purchased the Acadia in Sept. '07. We are wondering if this is a design flaw. The firtst time we thought someone had broken it, but twice is more than a coincidence.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have had my Acadia since April '07 and not experienced any breakage of the rear wiper.
One time the blade slipped halfway out of the arm, but operated fine once returned to its normal position.

Sorry I cant be of more help, but your experience is not typical to my vehicle. Hope you solve it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have had my acadia since april 07 as well and no problem, i know if you pull out on it to clean under it it doesn't come out very much and any more moving it out from the window will break it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Never had problems with mine; however 3 other people I know of with rear wipers have broken theirs... usually because they never clean the snow off the window first.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine is 9 months old and not broken... however, I've washed the rear window many times while setting the cruise control! LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2008 silver Acadia ( got it in Sept 07)and on a trip to Phoenix over the weekend my rear wiper blade cracked at first and then a small 1 inch piece broke off right at the joint. I was worried it would completely break off on the 6 hour freeway ride home, but all is ok. I have never had my car in the snow like one of the previous posters noted. I live in So Ca and only have dealt with rain... ??? I will be taking in to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
730 Posts
not broken but had it replaced sometime ago..squirts very little and dealership can't fix the clog.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
No problems with ours, but I do wish you could pull it out a little farther to clean underneath it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our rear wiper broke after three weeks...because my wife drove it into the garage with the rear gate up, ripped it right off :eek:hno: !

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
GeoHawk said:
No problems with ours, but I do wish you could pull it out a little farther to clean underneath it.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
My wiper just broke yesterday when I was washing it. Lifted the blade off the window, and it pivoted, when the spring forced it back the blade was perpindicular to the window, and broke off. Anyone know if warranty will cover that?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
bonk1313 said:
My wiper just broke yesterday when I was washing it. Lifted the blade off the window, and it pivoted, when the spring forced it back the blade was perpindicular to the window, and broke off. Anyone know if warranty will cover that?
My guess is that technically that is not covered under warranty. However, if you have a great service guy and a good relationship, you might get a favor.

·
Registered
487 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Warranty will cover it if you don't tell them you broke it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its a $5 blade...I have snapped it off twice and just picked up a generic wiper of same size.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
s_mcg said:
Its a $5 blade...I have snapped it off twice and just picked up a generic wiper of same size.
What store have you been able to find it in?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts