GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a first. My 2010 Acadia never had this issue, but over the last week, my 2014 Acadia's rear wiper has started to lose contact with the window when I use it. The top of the wiper seems to be OK, but the bottom will not stay in contact with the window. It stays this way, so I pushed it down and it stayed down, but as soon as I tried to use it, it popped back out.

Anybody else experience this?

-Chris

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Did you stress/crack the arm or blade that last time you cleared snow off it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re:

No idea if this will work on the Acadia...but on my old trailblazer I had this problem...the fix was some wd-40 on the hinge at the base of the wiper arm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
capecodacadia said:
Did you stress/crack the arm or blade that last time you cleared snow off it?
I don't think so. Being my second Acadia, I am very careful with the rear wiper!

-Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:

powerfreak said:
No idea if this will work on the Acadia...but on my old trailblazer I had this problem...the fix was some wd-40 on the hinge at the base of the wiper arm.
I'm due to take it in to the dealer for a tire rotation, so based on what they say, I may try this. Thanks! :thumb:

-Chris

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
ChrisDenny said:
I'm due to take it in to the dealer for a tire rotation, so based on what they say, I may try this. Thanks! :thumb:

-Chris
Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to see your windshield wiper is causing some trouble. Looks like you already have plans on visiting your dealer. Follow up and let us know how everything goes.

Terrell
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a first. My 2010 Acadia never had this issue, but over the last week, my 2014 Acadia's rear wiper has started to lose contact with the window when I use it. The top of the wiper seems to be OK, but the bottom will not stay in contact with the window. It stays this way, so I pushed it down and it stayed down, but as soon as I tried to use it, it popped back out.

Anybody else experience this?

-Chris
Whatever happened with this?! Mine does the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Whatever happened with this?! Mine does the same thing.
I guess they got a dealer's tech to fix it. It's unfortunate that many folks fail to post a follow up for their "issues." That member hasn't been here since 2017, BTW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts