GMC Acadia Forum banner

Does the rear wiper pull away enough to get a squeegee behind without touching the wiper?

• Yes, clears to wash and squeegee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, hits/touches with wash side

• No, hits/touches with squeegee side

• No, hits/touches with both

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Acadia's butt and rear window get dusty or dirty quickly, I clean the rear window with a squeegee every time I fill up. I've noticed that the rear wiper doesn't pull away from the window much. Not to about 90 degrees like many other vehicles. I find that either the last wash or squeegee swipe under the wiper touches the wiper or bumps against it.

What's your experience?
Or, am I missing something?

By the way, the first time it rained and I used the rear wiper, I thought it was most cool and clever that the fluid squirts out from two spots on the blade rather than down from the top or up from the pivot. Takes a bit of getting used to the swipe the rear blade makes, but it is a sufficient clearing and works very well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've already broken a rear wiper when I was cleaning the rear window with a towel. The dealer did replace it for free (GM likely paid under warranty). Yes it does seem a bit closer than other SUV rear window wipers I've pulled out to clean.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was warned about the not far pull out wipers from a fellow on-liner.......I'll keep it in mind when cleaning. I do frequent a gas station that cleans windows (a real jewel, huh!!) while filling my car.....I guess I'll have to teach them too.

·
Registered
468 Posts
MommaRita said:
I do frequent a gas station that cleans windows (a real jewel, huh!!) while filling my car.....
They still exist??? :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
MommaRita said:
I was warned about the not far pull out wipers from a fellow on-liner.......I'll keep it in mind when cleaning. I do frequent a gas station that cleans windows (a real jewel, huh!!) while filling my car.....I guess I'll have to teach them too.
Wish I woulda read this first, I snapped the plastic on my rear wiper when doing a full vehicle cleaning..... grrr Hopefully GM will warranty fix.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
tbirrd said:
Wish I woulda read this first, I snapped the plastic on my rear wiper when doing a full vehicle cleaning..... grrr Hopefully GM will warranty fix.

tbirrd gets an "Attaboy" for textbook use of the Search function. :woot: Way to bring an almost 4-year old thread back to life.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
It's about time someone uses it

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
GeoHawk said:

tbirrd gets an "Attaboy" for textbook use of the Search function. :woot: Way to bring an almost 4-year old thread back to life.
Thanks! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts