GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter what speed I put it on it is intermittent. There appears to be no continual wiper motion. Couldn't find anything in manual and am checking with the dealer, who didn't know if this was what was supposed to happen.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mine is intermittent. I think it is supposed to be that way. If it kept moving it would be hard to see. I have been in some BAD rainstorms and haven't had a problem with seeing out of the back with the intermittents going.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am new to the whole rear window wiper thing. I always looked at it as a cute little toy but not a useful feature. Kinda like the headlight wipers that were so popular a few years back. I have only 500 miles on my car but have been through a few rainstorms and so far the rear windows has not even gotten wet. Not sure how often or if ever I will use it. Would you want it running all the time? Maybe like stated earlier, it is only supposed to go so often.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The rear wiper has the delay and always on feature, and there is a difference between the two. The always on position has a slight delay, but not nearly as much as the delay setting. As for not using the rear wiper, the back end of the Acadia sucks up everything from the rear, and the rear window gets covered in mist even on wet roads after a rain. I have used it more than I ever thought I would!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Keith said:
I am new to the whole rear window wiper thing. I always looked at it as a cute little toy but not a useful feature. Kinda like the headlight wipers that were so popular a few years back. I have only 500 miles on my car but have been through a few rainstorms and so far the rear windows has not even gotten wet. Not sure how often or if ever I will use it. Would you want it running all the time? Maybe like stated earlier, it is only supposed to go so often.
Just a little rain and you need the rear wiper...it's like the hind end operates as a vacuum...and if it's an unpaved road the rear window blacks out in a hurry.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I guess we shall see. I am hoping to need it as it is yet another fun toy with the Acadia. But, like I said, been through 2-3 storms already and so far only a little dust on the back window. I would figure the air flow and spoiler would create a dead space behind the car. I understand that there is a flow back to the car (thats why I draft like Tony Stewart on the freeway) but its seems the rain would not make it all the way back to the car. I bow to your experience. :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two Words..... Rain-X.
It was raining when I picked up my Acadia, and I went all of about half a mile before I couldn't see a thing (Yes, I had the wipers on). How does anyone drive without Rain-X. It's dangerous to drive in the rain without it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts