GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 and my rear washer no longer works. The owner's mamual lists a relay for it on the inside fuse box. I looked at it but do not see any relays just fuses. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Wilson

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I am not trying to insult your intelligence. Just some quick troubleshooting ideas.

I believe the rear washer uses a seperate washer pump then the front one, I believe the rear washer pump pulls from a higher point in the resevoir, so is your washer fluid resevoir full?
When you push the button can you hear the pump turning on?
Do you see any liquid leaking from under the vehicle when you push the button? (broken or disconnected washer hose leaking?
Check the pump near the resevoir and see if the pump wire harness is connected?
Just a few things.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
It takes a while for my pump to work, I'm just figuring it needs time to prime. I don't use it to often.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The system has two different pumps one front and one rear with two different relays one for the front and one for the rear per the owner's manual. I do not see any fluid on the ground when I try to operate the pump or hear the pump running. I will check and see if I can find a loose connection. Thanks again Wilson

·
Registered
246 Posts
wilmac49 said:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The system has two different pumps one front and one rear with two different relays one for the front and one for the rear per the owner's manual. I do not see any fluid on the ground when I try to operate the pump or hear the pump running. I will check and see if I can find a loose connection.
Make sure you are not low on washer fluid, as the rear washer is cut off when the washer fluid is low.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you hear the washer pump motor when pressing the button, then it is likely the washer pump still works but you might have a clogged washer line. The clog is due dirty water or calcium has been built-up inside the washer line or spray nozzle tip. Unlike the front washer nozzle tip, the rear washer nozzle is very tiny found at the end of washer line inside the wiper arm. It should be easy to fix as I fixed mine. Here are steps to trouble shoot:

1) On the rear wiper, turn the wiper switch on. When the wiper arm moves up half way, stop it by turning off the ignition key. It allows you easy to access the line connector. See pic1

2) Remove the washer line from the connector by gently pulling it out. See pic2. Now you can test the washer pump to see whether the water will be pumped out from here when you pressing the washer button. If water is pumped from here. That means a line got clogged at the sprayer nozzle tip on wiper arm. You can use your mouth to suck and blow out the line from the connector (see the arrow) to clean it. Of course, fluid is not dangerous, but DO NOT swallow the washer fluid, you should wash and rinse your mouth after the job.

3) You might also trouble shoot be removing the connector (shown pic3 under the hood) then pressing the washer button if the washer pump spraying out any water.

Good luck. I also highly recommend the next time you fill up the washer fluid, don't use the unfiltered water from the faucet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Always thought it was interesting that Enclaves (and I believe the Traverse) use a spray nozzle at the top of the window on the underside of the spoiler above the window. Where the Acadia and Outlook use the nozzles on the wiper arm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how to go about diagnosing and fixing a rear wiper that works when using the washer but not when using just the intermittent wiper function?
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts