GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one attempt to remove the rear brake tail light assembly yet? My wife just cracked ours and I can buy it on the internet but was wondering how hard it was to get the assembly off and swaped? I hope there are just a few screw that can be easily reached with a screw driver. If any one can help please advise and pics would be great...
Thanks,
C

·
Registered
39 Posts
They are very easy to remove. There is two round caps on the inboard side of the lamp on the black closeout panel. You will see them when you open the liftgate. Pop off the caps with a screw driver and you will see two screws. Remove the screws. There is two metal pins that go into 2 plastic retainers in the rear quarter panel. Grab the lamp lamp and pull straight back. With some force they will disengage. Then just disconnect the wire harness.

Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the info, one more question for ya, after further inspection, i noticed that the backup up light in the rear hatch is also damaged and requires a replacement as well, how hard is that to remove, do i have to take the hole door apart or are there screws on the side as well?
Thanks again
C

·
Registered
39 Posts
The liftgate backup lamp is not as easy. The interior trim will need to be removed. I can't remember if they are just pop-in retainers or a few screws or both. Once the interior trim is removed there is just 3 M6 nuts to remove and an electrical connector.

Oh, and there is a snap bracket on the lamp that snaps over the metal opening, this is just an assembly aid for the plant. Just squeeze the bracket tabs in and it will come off with no problems.

When you re install the new lamp just snap on the lamp to the metal, the bracket will hold the lamp in place while you open the liftgate. Then you will be able to run down the nuts with the liftgate open.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts