GMC Acadia Forum banner

Rear spoiler clip replacement

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ajdata 
#1 ·
Good day,
I’m looking for replacement clips/tabs for my rear spoiler. My wife was pulling out of the garage and did not see that the garage door was not up all the way. The rear spoiler caught the door and broke almost took the entire spoiler off the car. I need to know what kind of clips/tabs I need to fix it. I have it duck taped down now. Took it to a dealer and they told me the entire spoiler needed to me replaced, $750.00. From what I can see, it is just held on by clips. The light still works so I can’t see having to replace the entire spoiler. Any ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.
Try one of the GM parts sites to see if the clips are available there. Look in the body section for the year/build of your Acadia.

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good day,
I’m looking for replacement clips/tabs for my rear spoiler. My wife was pulling out of the garage and did not see that the garage door was not up all the way. The rear spoiler caught the door and broke almost took the entire spoiler off the car. I need to know what kind of clips/tabs I need to fix it. I have it duck taped down now. Took it to a dealer and they told me the entire spoiler needed to me replaced, $750.00. From what I can see, it is just held on by clips. The light still works so I can’t see having to replace the entire spoiler. Any ideas?
The same thing happened at my house last week. She broke all the clips that are molded into the spoiler so we had to buy a full replacement. I am trying to figure out though does it just snap into place on the studs that are still on the tailgate? If you have any resources on how to reinstall the spoiler I would greatly appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.