GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all.

This may seem like a bizarre posting, but in lugging home all the Christmas toys for my twin 10 month-old boys from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts, the the front wheel axle of their brand new Radio Flyer red wagon was wedged into the space between the second row captains seats and the third row bench. As a result, there is a major indentation in the leather covering the seat cushion, and I can't seem to get it back into shape.

Any suggestions on what I can do? Can I remove the foam cushion and flip it around? Will it restore itself in due course?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
487 Posts
We had a toy get left between the back and bottom of the 3rd row with the seats folded flat. To me it looked like the indentation was almost a puncture. It's been about 4 month now and there isn't really any sign of the damage. So my advice is just sit and wait and it should go away.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The foam underneath should return to its original shape, just give it a little while and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
The previous owners of my Acadia had car seats that made nice dents in the second row seats; they are finally coming out on their own

·
Registered
195 Posts
Another "watch out" I can pass on is when folding down the 2nd row captain's chairs. Be sure that the arm rests on the inside of the seats are in the UP position before folding them down and placing anything heavy on the back of 2nd row seats.

I did not do this on a trip and the tips of the arm rests were flattened from all the weight of the cargo pushing them against the floor. They finally expanded into their original shape after a few weeks, but I thought that I would save the rest of you some F****** grief (Sorry, but I'm from F******* Iliinois). :angel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts