GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard whe the rear seat console will be available. I purchased a 2008 Acadia and was told it would be available early in the new year but still no luck.

Thank you

·
Registered
381 Posts
Search the site. We've been previously told that the rear console will NOT be available for the 08 since it requires frame modification. It supposedly will be an 09 option.

·
Registered
370 Posts
kanderna said:
I think it will be available at the same time as the PAL. :banghead:
Don't even get me started on PAL. :angryfire:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I went into my dealership and played stupid. Asked them to install PAL when the Acadia arrived. Salesman told me that they can't get their hands on any "for some reason." But you know what? Just head down the road to Best Buy... they have them there. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
What do you mean they have PAL at Best Buy? It is a GM product and the audio link is installed behind the dashboard (all hidden, no wires are seen). It can be run to your glove box or storage on top of the dash. You can then control your iPod..songs and all... from your vehicle audio controls. At least, that is my understanding. I have the cheap $5 cord from Radio Shack in the meantime, but it plugs into the aux output on the front of the dash and you can only control volume from the vehicle audio controls. If Best Buy has something I don't know about, please tell me more as I'm very interested in an alternative. Thx.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think it was a reference to the lack of knowledge at that particular GM dealer.

When I bought my Acadia, they didn't have a clue what I PAL was and required the brochure to inform them of their own product.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Oh! The salesman said that! Go to Best Buy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG that is funny! Darn it though! I thought you found something. I'm looking for any alternative. Don't have navigation so my options are limited. My dealer had no idea what it was either, they kept trying to sell me the cord off the front for $15 that I bought at Radio Shack for $5. Oh well, and so I continue to wait....with many others I'm sure.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep. And it's not listed as accessories for the 09s either, so apparently they don't quite have it figured out yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hope the comment about it not being available for the '08 is wrong. I have been searching GM dealer sites to see if anyone has it in the parts inventory. I really wanted that for the extra storage.

'08 (March Delivery) SLT-2
White Diamond Tri-Coat
Nav/Rear DVD
Dual Sunroof
HID/HUD
19" Wheels

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Irish said:
Oh! The salesman said that! Go to Best Buy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG that is funny! Darn it though! I thought you found something. I'm looking for any alternative. Don't have navigation so my options are limited. My dealer had no idea what it was either, they kept trying to sell me the cord off the front for $15 that I bought at Radio Shack for $5. Oh well, and so I continue to wait....with many others I'm sure.
The Scosche AXIPGMLAN does not require navigation:

http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/562

·
Registered
370 Posts
loach, once again you come through. Thanks so much! This is exactly what I've been looking for. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Irish said:
loach, once again you come through. Thanks so much! This is exactly what I've been looking for. :thumb:
I discovered it thanks to Jake_99's excellent review of it here:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3297.0

Keep in mind that he does have nav when reading his review. Don't buy it from the Scosche site though - you can get it cheaper elsewhere. I bought mine from sonicelectronix for about $150 + shipping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
loach said:
Irish said:
I discovered it thanks to Jake_99's excellent review of it here:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3297.0

Keep in mind that he does have nav when reading his review. Don't buy it from the Scosche site though - you can get it cheaper elsewhere. I bought mine from sonicelectronix for about $150 + shipping.
Sounds like you don't have to have NAV:

Scosche OE Interfaces keep you connected and in control. Add an AUX input or control your iPod from your factory 2007 GM LAN based stereos. Use factory touch screen controls on nav radios or dial control on standard GM radios.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
someone said:
Sounds like you don't have to have NAV:

Scosche OE Interfaces keep you connected and in control. Add an AUX input or control your iPod from your factory 2007 GM LAN based stereos. Use factory touch screen controls on nav radios or dial control on standard GM radios.
Right. My point was just that Jake_99 does have Nav so his review is written from that perspective. Some points in his review may not apply or be slightly different for those who don't have nav.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts