GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the second row seats tilt forward for entry to the third row, but, do the second row seat backs have a tilt adjustment for the occupants?

HuckD

·
Registered
269 Posts
The 60/40 bench seatbacks will tilt slightly. You pull on the cloth seat release (not the smart-slide entry bar) and you can lean back a couple more inches. It is not really reclined, but it is leaning back slightly. It is made fitting the Britax child seat easier.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, but I'd like to know about the captain's chairs.

BTW, I just found this forum today and it's great - can't get any work done! :eek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
HuckD said:
BTW, I just found this forum today and it's great - can't get any work done! :eek:
you and me both brotha!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The second row captains chairs lean back a few inches when pulling on the seat back release strap. Nothing as to what I would call 'reclining'. ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't have my Acadia yet, but what if you move the captain's chairs up a bit toward the front seats and then recline, can you get more angle rearward?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I disagree, I think they tilt back quite a bit. Now nowhere near flat or completely reclined, but a good 40-45 degrees I'd guess. They also have about 5-6 "clicks" in between fully upright and fully reclined.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You're talking about the front seats, right? Not the 2nd row captains chairs.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
No, the second row capts chairs. I'm not sure the amount, but it's enough to feel a difference. Here are two pics - upright and reclined

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
Great pics, thank you. I measured the angle at about 30 degrees based on your pics. I wouldn't really call that a good sleeping position. On the other hand, maybe to get them to go completely flat forward, you have to give up something going back. The other thing I gotta check out is that I don't think I have gotten my seats to go that far back. Once again, thanks for the pics. :thumb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you shimmy the seat toward the driver's seat more, can you continue to gain backward angle?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I don't think so. The pics I took have the 2nd row seats only 1 notch from being all the way forward. I believe the recline is exactly the same no matter how far forward or backward the seat is. However, with the seat slid all the way back and reclined all the way back at the same time, it "feels" like you're nearly in the third row with TONS of room. I've done it while sitting back there watching a DVD with our daughter and you're quite a ways from the screen at that point. Like I said in my earlier post, it's not exactly a sleeping position, but it definitely feels very reclined and comfy to me...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Cool...good to know you can go back a decent amount. Some vehicles only allow you to recline if you pull it forward, as it hits the side, or the rear wheel well. Going from "they don't recline" to what you have said gets me even more excited to get mine in a few weeks! :blob:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I just noticed on rereading this thread that two people mention pulling the cloth "fold flat" loop. That's not what I use to recline. I use the large shoulder area handle (the one also used to 'smart slide' the seat for 3rd row entry). I'm not sure if they would both do the same, but maybe that's why some haven't reclined theirs as much? lIke I said, there are about 5 or 6 positions you can choose from. 1 or 2 clicks from upright is very comfortable and still leaves a lot of room in the 3rd row.

·
Registered
261 Posts
admin said:
I don't think so. The pics I took have the 2nd row seats only 1 notch from being all the way forward. I believe the recline is exactly the same no matter how far forward or backward the seat is. However, with the seat slid all the way back and reclined all the way back at the same time, it "feels" like you're nearly in the third row with TONS of room. I've done it while sitting back there watching a DVD with our daughter and you're quite a ways from the screen at that point. Like I said in my earlier post, it's not exactly a sleeping position, but it definitely feels very reclined and comfy to me...
I've tried just sitting in the second row seat to watch a dvd and just relax. Not too bad but the reclined position sounds so much better. I'm going to give that a try next time I feel like watching a dvd in the Acadia.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I just tried both (the loop and handle) and they both move mine to exactly the same place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts