GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is an option to have the rear park assist beep more than once while backing up. I had this option on a Ford Explorer and the beeping got faster the closer you got to the object. It finally got to the point where if you got very close, it went to a solid, continuous beep. I know that there are indicator lights that light up as you near an object, but I like the beeping alert as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
TMMAR said:
I was wondering if there is an option to have the rear park assist beep more than once while backing up. I had this option on a Ford Explorer and the beeping got faster the closer you got to the object. It finally got to the point where if you got very close, it went to a solid, continuous beep. I know that there are indicator lights that light up as you near an object, but I like the beeping alert as well.
Thanks
The Acadia's rear park assist does the same thing. The closer you get to the object behind you the faster it will beep. I forget what the distances were, but something like within 12 inches the beeper will beep continuously.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great - thanks for the info. I guess I never got within 12 inches of an object.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My Acadia only beeps once when the first light comes on, then nothing more until the red (3rd light) comes on. I read the manual to see if this was normal, and I concluded it is. Although that's not how I thought it was supposed to work. Does it work that way for other Acadia owners?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I always carry an extra towel or 2 for spills and what not. With all the snow we have been getting, slush and grime accumulating on back bumper, cleaning the rear sensors has become routine.
If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The difference in the Acadia Rear assist and our Expedition has been noted with near collisions by my wife.

She really liked the Expedition (Ford) method noted by the thread starter. Acadia does incorporate a light system which we haven't fully adopted yet (owned Acadia for two weeks) which may be close enough.

I do miss the excellerated beeping. It lets me know when I have to be concerned. I rarely get close enough, even when using the rear camera, to get the Acadia to flat line. Acadia's rear assist clearly is capable since it does a pretty good job of indicating hazards in the rear camera, but it's not audibly apparent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts