GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2009 Acadia SLT-2 for about 2 weeks now and I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have the rear back-up camera in the nav screen as well as the rear park assist beeping. First, the beeping just seems annoying to me because it goes to a constant beep way before I need to actually stop moving (especially when backing into spots in parking garages and parallel parking) so I basically just ignore it and look at the camera. So, is there a way to change the distance at which it goes to a constant beep? Second, after putting the vehicle back into drive earlier today the camera changed back to regular navigation as it is supposed to but the constant beep remained constant for a minute or so. I tried stopping, putting the vehicle into park, then reverse again, then drive and nothing eventually it just went off by itself when I was in drive again. Has anyone experienced this and what can I do about it?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
1st-something would have to be reprogrammed to set the distance

2nd-won't try to answer because I don't have NAV

·
Registered
158 Posts
gdolla said:
Second, after putting the vehicle back into drive earlier today the camera changed back to regular navigation as it is supposed to but the constant beep remained constant for a minute or so.
Have not experienced that. It sounds like there might be a problem with one (or more) of the sensors. Might also explain the other problem you mentioned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The distance may be normal, I'm not sure, but it's definitely around a foot or more from a wall where it goes to a constant beep. Sorry if it's a stupid question but how would I go about reprogramming it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
gdolla said:
Sorry if it's a stupid question but how would I go about reprogramming it?
I doubt it's something you can do yourself. Most likely would have to be done by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
satyric said:
I doubt it's something you can do yourself. Most likely would have to be done by the dealer.
I agree, and suspect even with the Tech2 programmer (GM tool to communicate with the vehicle and change settings), this parameter may not be adjustable. If you mention the problem to a service writer, they may have a tech that is familiar with the ins & outs of the Tech2 tool and can answer the question perhaps w/o a visit to the dealer.

The other circumstance (beeping staying on) is indicative of a component failure. If it does not do this each time, it is indicative of an intermittent failure. These are the worst type of electrical problem to diagnose and correct.

I'd make a call and talk to a service writer & see if they can give you any insight into the matter. You can then schedule an appointment to get the second problem repaired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts