GMC Acadia Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Me too, the pipes part, if I have time.
Show us some pics too. Assuming you're doing the pipes...
Dang. . . I am getting behind here. I haven't even had a chance to get some new paint.
And I don't want to waist this good weather. Not sure if I will even get to the silver "blobs".

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited by Moderator)
Dang. . . I am getting behind here. I haven't even had a chance to get some new paint.
And I don't want to waist this good weather. Not sure if I will even get to the silver "blobs".
Don't repeat my mistake. Either do it all, or wait, just my opinion.
Now I have to essentially do the same thing all over again. And we're supposed to get some rain this weekend. Beats the smoke though.
Screenshot_20200915-164554_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
660 Posts
Me too, the pipes part, if I have time.
Show us some pics too. Assuming you're doing the pipes...
Going to try and get it all done at once. We have nice 70 degree weather all week!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Going to try and get it all done at once. We have nice 70 degree weather all week!!!
Good 👍
We're high 70's with the same smoke above for the week, down to low 70's with some rain for the weekend.

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited by Moderator)
Smoke is pretty much gone, 75F day, and I woke up before the kids. Finally looks right to me. I sprayed starting at the resonator.
20200920_131133.jpg

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Smoke is pretty much gone, 75F day, and I woke up before the kids. Finally looks right to me. I sprayed starting at the resonator.
View attachment 10200
Wow . . . now it looks like a finished undercarriage.
How many cans of paint did it take and did you do more than one coat for it all? Rustoleum?

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
660 Posts
View attachment 10200
Looks amazing! Actually looks like it should have from the factory. If I could just get a day with no “honey do” list I wouldnt know what to do first!!! LOL

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited by Moderator)
Wow . . . now it looks like a finished undercarriage.
How many cans of paint did it take and did you do more than one coat for it all? Rustoleum?
Thanks!
Just one can, almost empty. I painted, waited and second coated as needed.
Yep Rustoleum
20200921_063137.jpg

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Looks amazing! Actually looks like it should have from the factory. If I could just get a day with no “honey do” list I wouldnt know what to do first!!! LOL
I make my honey do lists thankfully. I'm a worker, so she rarely has anything to ask for.

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thanks!
Just one can, almost empty. I painted, waited and second coated as needed.
Yep Rustoleum
Uh-oh .. . that table saw surface looks a mite rusty. Time to get out the sand paper, steel wool and wax it up! LOL ;)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Uh-oh .. . that table saw surface looks a mite rusty. Time to get out the sand paper, steel wool and wax it up! LOL ;)
If only I chose to have enough time for stuff like that. I haven't used that saw as a saw for probably a year or more (although I will be soon).
It is only used as a solid work bench (it's over 300#) for filing and filling my speaker stands. That keeps my other benches clean for packing the stands...

·
Registered
660 Posts
I make my honey do lists thankfully. I'm a worker, so she rarely has anything to ask for.
I wish I had time to make mine. I live in a house with 4 woman.....43, 17, 15 & 9! Never a dull moment!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I wish I had time to make mine. I live in a house with 4 woman.....43, 17, 15 & 9! Never a dull moment!
Busy man, I "only" have 3.
48, 9 and 6 (yep, we started late).

·
Registered
660 Posts
Busy man, I "only" have 3.
48, 9 and 6 (yep, we started late).
HAHA... I need to know your system!! Only having 3 is nothing to sneeze at! I started early, Son is 23 this year. I am finding that age is irrelevant in life, how you live, love and laugh is!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts