GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else not really fond of the light grey lower rear fascia? Is this the same on all color vehicles?

I think if my car were light grey, or even white maybe it wouldn't bother me. But that piece looks so out of place to me. Anyone else? If so, did anybody change it? I'm kinda thinking about wrapping it, something flat to match the black plastic body work around it. Although I'm not a real carbon fiber nut, maybe that in flat finish?
I'm not bothered by the front, as it's lower, barely visible, and has some chrome around it that makes it stand out less.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Anybody else not really fond of the light grey lower rear fascia? Is this the same on all color vehicles?
I agree . . . even black would have been better I think for many body colors.
I would like to do somethings also. Not sure what. Maybe a flat black or other flat color.
ORIGINAL - - -

PHOTO TOUCHED - - -

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Edited above with a darker added pic of the lower rear valance.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edited above with a darker added pic of the lower rear valance.
Wowser!!! Decision made, you are the man. That looks sooo much better!
Any idea what you might do?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Wowser!!! Decision made, you are the man. That looks sooo much better!
Any idea what you might do?
I'm thinking a flat or satin plastic compatible paint. Since it is down so low, even if it got chipped a little touch up will cover any dings it may get. But I doubt is since it is the front lower fascia that gets hit with stones, bugs, and other debris.
I showed the color change to wife also, and she said immediately that the darker color looks better. I agree.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might want to grab a high heat flat while there. Paint up the mufflers...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Agree. . . . I already have some of that. Kinda crazy though when I think of it. I'm not the one looking at it when I'm in the Acadia .. . lol :oops:

I just don't like the look when walking up to the thing or parked on a lot or in the garage.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same, from the side it's noticable. The high heat paint should last no problem, as the exhaust is pretty cool that far back.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I have a silver '18 SLT, on mine that panel is silver.

The light gray panel looks way out of place. Almost like it was a replacement that needed to be painted.

·
Super Moderator
20,880 Posts
Acadia isn't the only CUV with that kind of panel.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Yes. . many are like that. I see it all the time. Some of us don;t care for that lighter color.

·
Super Moderator
20,880 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Ok. . . should have tried this awhile ago, but here is a photo edit of the rear treatment with those huge silver mufflers blacked.
Did you paint yours ? I can't remember.
A-B compare before and after - - - I just may do this.
Click pictures to Enlarge - - -
Black Chrome D.jpg Black Chrome D2.jpg 4 Clean Edit (3).jpg Black Chrome E1 (5) Reflections - Copy - Blue Lighter.jpg Black Chrome E1 (5) Reflections - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Agree. . . . When we had our 2015 Equinox it too had the huge "bread box" as well.
Never got used to it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well wow! I didn't get around to it, but sure as heck will after seeing your pics.
One thing too, the mufflers ain't nice and shiny like your first pic either. It's 2 dirty mufflers hanging too low. Thanks!
Note to self...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Purchased paint; 3 day weekend, and not really much planned, this is happening. Will post before and after.
Sometimes it's the little things.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts