GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try and post a pic when I get one but here it goes.
The rear liftgate does not seem to fit square in its opening. I took it to our dealer and they were not sure what they could do to fix. It doesn't leak.........yet. My concern is over the life of our vehicle (with thousands of openings and closings) does this have the potential to get worse? It is noticeable when you compare the gaps on either side of the liftgate when it is closed.

THE QUESTION IS.......Do I complain that this is unacceptable and not stop until I am jumping on the desk of Rich Wagoner or take it in stride and hope for the best? This is my first GMC and I was telling a freind before we bought it that I thought the fit and finish were as good as his Acura. I hope I don't have to eat crow.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If the door is actually not aligned then you should definantly not let it go. That is totally unacceptable and should not be tolerated. If I was you I would be jumping on every desk I had to until it was fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Andy, i bought a white diamond tricote, "08, and had it for about a week and was checking things out, and i noticed that i had the same problem, well i think it is a problem.. i still havn't had time to take it to the dealership, confirm that the right side doesn't fit properly, and either side of the liftgate rubbers is out, and the other is tucked in?

..Thanks...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mido, sounds like you and I have the same issue. I did take it to the dealer and as you might imagine they were at a loss as to what to do. Basically - trying to fix it could possibly make it worse NOT better. The pictures don't really do it justice. I will be keeping an eye on it everytime I wash it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hopefully this is not too far off topic :eek:fftopic:, but I need help in locating the string related to power tailgate clearance. I vaguely recall reading a post in which an Acadia owner complained about how much clearance was required once the tailgate was lifted all the way up. I think he made reference to being unable to unload his packages/groceries because the tailgate would not extend fully while in his garage.

Two questions:
(1) What is the measurement from the ground to the upper most part of the tailgate when it is fully extended?

(2) When the tailgate is extended, is it possible to manually lower it slightly/rest it gently against the garage door or ceiling without damage?

:help:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Detnick,

Yes, you can open the liftgate and HOLD it from opening fully. The automagic gizmo "pops" and allows you to hold the liftgate open manually. I do this if I need to get something out of back while the Acadia is in the garage.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
My liftgate looks slightly misaligned on the lower right side as well. But I always thought it was from that stupid woman I backed into at the train station. She tried to squeeze behind my Acadia when I was nearly half out of the spot. All that was damaged was the little reflector in the bumper which cost me a couple bucks to replace (her entire driver's side door and then some was going to need some massive work), but since then I had noticed the liftgate issue. It doesn't seem to cause any problems and since I thought I did it, I never had it addressed by the dealership.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I really apologize, folks. I screwed up. I posted a question about liftgates, specifically the height of the fully opened list gate and if it can be stopped temporarily when being opened. ??? :eek:hno:
Most of my questions were answered by a string called "Power Liftgate Question" between March 12, 2007 and September 14, 2007. ;D

The responses covered most everything, except no one was able to determine the distance between the ground and the tip of the tailgate when opened. The same question was asked by another member in that string. Still, no one seems to know. :help:

I'll try to be more diligent about topics/questions in the future (Sorry, I really couldn't find the string during a search). :tard:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts