GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 has a clunk when the liftgate gets to the upper stop. I did not notice the clunk when it was new but maybe it was there. It is the same clunk you get if it encounters an object that prevents it from opening. I don't think it is the same issue as the liftgate TSB that states it falls a couple of inches and then closes. Mine stays open, just clunks or pops when it reaches the upper travel limit. I suspect the sensor or switch that tells the motor to stop at its upper limit is malfunctioning or do they all do this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Agreed on a trip to the dealer unless you want to open up everything in the back and watch as the door opens

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
btr,...after your liftgate went "clunk", has the gate original height been lowered ? If so, check out a thread on this forum entitled "Garage fit",...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so I have a solution. Open the tailgate and let it clunk open. Bring door height down a little (issue is that the door is over traveling).

Holding door in position press the close button (hold the door and you will hear a clunk as the gearing skips and the door will stop moving (I am guessing the motor). When everything stops press the button and the door will close. Now press to open and it should come up to the lower height and will not clunk.

I am thinking something / someone held / blocked to door on a cycle so it skipped by on the motor and was over traveling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts