Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Document ID# 1951479
2007 Saturn OUTLOOK - 2WD
Subject: Rear HVAC System May Come On Unexpectedly - keywords
A/C a/c blower control heat heater intermittent unwanted
#PIT4335 - (04/03/2007)
I have experienced this problem and have done quite a bit of testing to see if anything I do increases the likelyhood of the rear fan switching itself from a low setting to its hightest speed.

* The more the front center armrest is extended toward the rear seats, the greater the occurence of this.
* The detents of the rear fan control were always fully engaged - so they are not a factor.
* It occurs more often when you have just gone over a significant BUMP in the road.
* It also occurs even if the Rear Fan control is at a minimum position and the rear control has not been touched since the car was started. ....so something is causing the system to think there is a need for full fan on.

I can correct the problem by turning the AUX button from ON to OFF...then back on again, but sometimes I must do this 5 or 6 times in an hour.

I hope that this info helps someone in engineering figure this out....but it would appear that there is a glitch somewhere that is causing this to happen rather than an intermittent issue with the rear control panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone have any update to this?
I have a 2008 SLE that I have had for two weeks, and noticed this weekend that the rear HVAC unit was cutting itself on.

·
Registered
812 Posts
will start to pay notice on mine... thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
This has happened to me too but under a different set of circumstances. Luckily, it has only happened to me about 4 times since I have had the car for 2 months but I noticed that the Rear HVAC turns on w/ full fan when:

* I SHIFT INTO REVERSE
* My center armrest is in the most forward position (I usually dont have the armrest any farther back, but I will see if having it more rearward makes it happen more frequently)
* AUX is off.
* Rear control detents fully engaged (don't think this is a factor either)
* Does not turn on by itself when I hit any bumps (and I've hit some significant ones already).
* Never happened at any other time except when I put it in Reverse.

At first I thought I was accidently hitting the AUX button when I shift it into Reverse but there is no way- my hand is pretty far from the dash when it is on the shifter.

I do lean on the center armrest when I turn & look over my shoulder when I back-up and maybe this is contributing to it.

My Acadia is a 2008 (build date 11/07) SLT-2 AWD with all options except for HID's & trailering package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts