GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am a potential Acadia owner, My husband and I really like the "brick" interior. so i think we will wait to see it in person before we purchase, but... The dealership let us take an Akadia on a 24 hour test drive to see if it worked with my four children. So my question is: Is the only way to control the rear air, from behind the center armrest console or is there a way to control it upfront?

Thanks and hopefully we will be an owner soon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is not here yet, but from what I saw on test drive it can only be controlled from rear of console.[/color]

·
Registered
360 Posts
There may be an option to turn it off from the front. This is typical of most GM vehicles...

BTW: My wife and I ordered a Carbon Met. with Brick interior. We hope it will be here in a couple weeks...

Adam Boca

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can control the rear climate control with the front controls. There is an AUX button on the system, your front settings will be the same as the rear. You can override the settings with the rear contols.

·
Registered
82 Posts
BTW, That "brick" in the pix I've seen looks more brown than red. Has anyone seen it in person? I've ordered an Acadia in Red with Titanium interior, and I'm thinking that if that 'brick' leather is closer to red that it'd make a nice accent color inserts for the seats.

·
Registered
310 Posts
oicu812 said:
Acadia in Red with Titanium interior, and I'm thinking that if that 'brick' leather is closer to red that it'd make a nice accent color inserts for the seats.
You don't even have to worry about that question-- GMC won't let you do that (it would not match.) Also, if you ever saw one of those Red Leather on Red Caddies, they don't look all that great today! The red is a great color, and I have seen it with black which looks OK, but I prefer titanium.

·
Registered
626 Posts
oicu812 said:
BTW, That "brick" in the pix I've seen looks more brown than red. Has anyone seen it in person? I've ordered an Acadia in Red with Titanium interior, and I'm thinking that if that 'brick' leather is closer to red that it'd make a nice accent color inserts for the seats.
Think the color of a good old earth clay brick. Kind of brownish. BTW the photo is exactly what they look like in real life.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I looked into the rear heat issue on Friday while looking at a fully loaded Acadia.

No it is not a easy to adjust the rear heat from the front, independently from the front as it is in my Freestyle, because you can only sync it with the front or override it with the rear controls.

With that said, where the rear controls are located on center console and with the ability to slide the top of the console forward and aft, I did not see too much of a problem controlling the rear from the front as it is relatively easy to access. You could not do it while driving (unless you have a passenger that does it for you) but if you are driver only and you stop at the side of the road and you need to adjust the rear independently from the front you can do it with out getting out of your seat. Simply slide the arm rest forward, turn round and adjust.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks kj for looking into it...

Adam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts