GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my rear automatic gate does not work....after few times going down halfway and then stoping and going back up as if something go in it's way.....finally yesterday in the parking lot it will not open at all...the remote does not work...inside switch does noting.....and the computer says liftgate open....

I have to get this to the dealer....I still have few other small issues to resolve......

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sorry to hear that. That rear gate is one of my favorite parts of the car. Let us know what the dealer finds out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does it work using the handle button?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Wasn't the rear liftgate part of a TSB? It could be that you got one of the faulty switches. Take it to the dealer and get your free fix on! ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dropped it off to the dealer...it's know been twoo days and es it was the switch...I also have them checking the noide in the front as I turn the wheels....and the seat recall....the dealer has been very helpfull..they provided a loaner durning that time...

·
Registered
395 Posts
buleczka said:
I dropped it off to the dealer...it's know been twoo days and es it was the switch...I also have them checking the noide in the front as I turn the wheels....and the seat recall....the dealer has been very helpfull..they provided a loaner durning that time...
I'm also interested in the noise when turning. Mine sometimes clicks and pops a bit at low speed turns. Please let me know what they find.

·
Registered
405 Posts
:eek:fftopic:

but what kind of loaner do they give you? is it a nother gmc acadia or do they give you a little piece of junk $500 Car that nobody buys. It should be somthing equivalant to the acadia like a yukon or another type of full size suv.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
The last time I needed a loaner from GMC while they worked on my Acadia, they gave me a crappy Grand Prix that someone had been smoking in. It was a real POS IMO compared to my Acadia. :sosad:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
They give me a small Caddie! I love my dealer!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they gave me a 2007 Yukon....fixed the gate, and told me they did the lub recall on the front end....it's better but still have some sounds.....the gate seems to be working, but last night it did the same thing went down 80% and came back up.....I am also having problems with my Auto Start I have to be 3 feet away from the car for it to work, and sometime it does not work at all.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I havehad some intermittent problems with the rear gate as well. It will operate fine a few times and then it will unlock but not raise. If it does not raise immediately it relocks. I can open it manually it I catch it before it relocks. I also noticed after some of these efforts it will no longer operate and I discovered the door was closed but not locked and easily opened manually. When I locked up the car with the remote it did not give the light signal and I discover the rear gate was still unlocked. I opened the gate manually and closed it automatically and it locked up correctly.

The point of my experience is the car provides a lot of feedback indicators about what is or is not happening. While I will be happy to get the auto feature of the gate fixed, I am impressed withall the information it is providing if I stay attentive to what it is telling me.

I love the car! My only complaint is the transmission lag is a nuisance and after 3500 miles of commuting in 7 weeks, and I am still not used to the way it operates.
I am getting 18-19 mpg in commute traffic and would trade a gallon for a totally smooth transmission operation. I will be asking the dealer to fix these things but have been too busy to get there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts