GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered an '08 with this option yet?

I have been trying to get an order accepted by GMC but my sales guy is telling me the system is keeping the order in the "placed stage" (2000) until the console can be ordered. It initially was August availability for the console but now he got a message from his Area Sales Mgr. that the console in both the Acadia and the Enclave is not available for order until September and of course it cannot be retrofitted.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
We had the same situation with our order and decided to go ahead without the console instead of waiting. Our dealer told us the console wouldn't be available until October and also the captain's chairs in the 2nd row would lose the inboard armrests as well (not really a big deal though).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, that's an option but I don't need the car, the old Durango will last a few months more!.. Maybe the incentives will be better later in the fall......

·
Registered
17 Posts
I read somewhere here on the forum that the rear console (DK1) would be available to order on September 27. Can anyone confirm whether this option is indeed now available to order? Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stopped by the dealership last week to find out where my order was with the DK1 option. He said that it was still on hold with a now projected late October release. He also said that the upgraded tire & wheels with discount (also on my order) were on allocation. If I didn't have $4k credit on my GM card I would be looking at other vehilces.

·
Registered
87 Posts
FYI, probably applies to Acadia/Outlook in addition to Enclave

Just got a phone call from my dealer. They are unable to add the 2nd row console to my 10/23 Enclave order. They made an inquiry to the GM representative and received an email in response. I asked them to send me the email and will post it if I get it (doubtful).

In essence the GM Representative said the 2nd Row Console will be available no earlier than January 2008. He talked about a "zero percent availablity" marker on the item. The GM Representative said they need extra time to work out "engineering issues".

My dealer mentioned that the "zero percent" note often means the option will be dropped soon (for the model year). But that is speculative.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Clave Man said:
My dealer mentioned that the "zero percent" note often means the option will be dropped soon (for the model year). But that is speculative.
That may be the case for options that have been in production then moved to "zero percent", but since the DK1
option hasn't been offically in production yet, I'm not sure that would apply. However, this is just a WAG (Wild
Assed Guess ;D ), so YMMV.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here is the straight story (matches what my dealer told me).

From "Buick Hot Sheet - October 12, 2007" [sent to dealers]:

DK1 (2nd Row Center Console)...Although we had announced that the DK1 center console would be available for production at the end of this month, there are now Engineering issues that prevent us from building the DK1 center console. We now expect to keep this console on 0% constraint until likely after the first of the year. Although the option will still be in Order Workbench and Autobook, please refrain from ordering this option at this time due to long lead time.[/color]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it's now 2009 and guess what.......option available only in cars that have it. Not many to choose from I might say. Seems you can't order like all have said after the fact since it has to be installed by the factory. We really wanted the option since it does finish the look between the rear seat. Anyone hear anyhting about an aftermarket console?? Might just search the wrecking yards to find them now......

·
Registered
79 Posts
Our '09 has the console we did not order our acadia we bought it from dealer stock. Kids like storing all of their junk in it though.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
littlefish4 said:
Well it's now 2009 and guess what.......option available only in cars that have it. Not many to choose from I might say. Seems you can't order like all have said after the fact since it has to be installed by the factory. We really wanted the option since it does finish the look between the rear seat. Anyone hear anyhting about an aftermarket console?? Might just search the wrecking yards to find them now......
I dont think anyone ever said that it was an option that could be added to an already built Acadia. You either get it when you place a full new vehicle order, or when the dealer preordered for their inventory with the Console.

Haven't heard anyone mention having an aftermarket console available.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bonk1313 said:
littlefish4 said:
I dont think anyone ever said that it was an option that could be added to an already built Acadia. You either get it when you place a full new vehicle order, or when the dealer preordered for their inventory with the Console.

Haven't heard anyone mention having an aftermarket console available.
I'm not sure anyone is making aftermarket parts for the Acadia yet; at least that's what the adjuster said at the collision center

1 - 12 of 12 Posts