GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently traveling (via plane) otherwise I would crawl under my car and do this myself.

What I'm in need of is a couple of measurements: Inside diameter of the rear coil on an 07/08 Acadia. That is the measurement from the inside of one side of the coil to the other inside of the coil on the other side, 2) the overall height of the rear coil on an 07/08 Acadia with the car on the ground with the weight of the vehicle on the suspension.

I won't be home for a couple weeks and I'd at least like to spend some hotel time getting started. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

MM

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sorry it took so long, but there were some good football games over the weekend - and then there was the snow and --
Any way - Inside diameter is about 4.33 inches or 110 mm.
Height is about 8 inches with car resting on slight incline so probably a tad more weight shifted onto the rear shocks.

Are you thinking of going to air shocks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, I hear that snow in San Pedro is a killer... ;D

Airbags inside the coils themselves. Firestone's Ride Rite system doesn't have a "system" specifically for the Acadia, but the online rep was reasonably confident we could piece one together.

Rest assured when all is completed, if completed, that details will be posted to share with others.

Your time crawling underneath your car with the cool ocean breezes is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
752 Posts
You are welcome :cheers:
Don't forget Pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts