GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lightly bumped from behind yesterday. Luckily it didn't do any damage to the bumper because the other car was lower and his bumper missed mine. His front grill hit my bumper and chewed up a bit of the rubber shroud/ cover on the rear bumper. I am wondering how much of a big deal is this going to be to replace. Is the rubber part available seperate from the bumper or is it sold as one piece? ???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I looked at a GM Parts place online & will attach an illustration for the rear bumper w/o sensors (no picture of the one with them).

Key:
Please select a corresponding number from the illustration below to view the details of that part.
1. Side cover Right
2. Side cover Bolt
3. Side cover Nut
4. Side cover Cover
5. Side bracket Right
6. Bumper cover W/o backup sensor
7. Bumper cover Bracket
8. Screw Screw Back
9. Grommet Grommet Back
10. W/o trailer hitch W/o trailer hitch Back
11. Sensor
12. Retainer
13. Wire harness
14. Reinforce bar
15. Energy absorber
16. Side support Right
17. Inner support
18. Reflector Right
19. Step pad
20. Trailer hitch
21. Receiver
22. Harness
23. Extension

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
My Acadia was rear ended 1 month ago; according to the parts listing my entire bumper cover w/ backup sensors was $246.00. Should be less for yours unless you have parking assist. Parts had to be shipped from the mother land (Lansing Delta plant). Hope that helps.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I looked at a GM Parts place online & will attach an illustration for the rear bumper w/o sensors (no picture of the one with them).

Key:
Please select a corresponding number from the illustration below to view the details of that part.
1. Side cover Right
2. Side cover Bolt
3. Side cover Nut
4. Side cover Cover
5. Side bracket Right
6. Bumper cover W/o backup sensor
7. Bumper cover Bracket
8. Screw Screw Back
9. Grommet Grommet Back
10. W/o trailer hitch W/o trailer hitch Back
11. Sensor
12. Retainer
13. Wire harness
14. Reinforce bar
15. Energy absorber
16. Side support Right
17. Inner support
18. Reflector Right
19. Step pad
20. Trailer hitch
21. Receiver
22. Harness
23. Extension
Blue,
What is the web address for that site? Good picture break down. I would like to keep it for future reference.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. This is great information. The diagrams make it pretty clear that it is not too difficult a job. Still, I am sure the body shop will try to make more out of it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks for the sites.

Bobby

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone describe how to remove the rear bumper cover? What kind of fasteners are holding it on? Anything unusual I have to look out for?
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts