GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having problems with their driver's side rear brake caliper. The calipers seem to burn up brake shoes really fast. Happens to both my Acadia and Enclave, and talked to the neighbor and he said he just had a problem with theirs. Wondering if others are having issues. Only seems to be an issue with the left side.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No problems on my 07. Sounds like a bad proportioning valve causing too much pressure to go to the one side. Could also be a sticky caliper from salty roads.

You could use an IR thermometer to check the rotor temp after a drive that used the brakes alot. Should be pretty close to the same temp. If not, there's a problem......them to figure what.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
2010 here with 98,000-- and my rears are nice and thick.... Dont see myself replacing those until maybe 200,000- if they continue at this rate.

·
Registered
655 Posts
No problems here either. I do notice that mine eats front rotors pretty good. Going to be switching those soon as I'm tired of the steering wheel "shake".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody having problems with their driver's side rear brake caliper. The calipers seem to burn up brake shoes really fast. Happens to both my Acadia and Enclave, and talked to the neighbor and he said he just had a problem with theirs. Wondering if others are having issues. Only seems to be an issue with the left side.
I am currently experiencing this same issue as well, were you able to find a reason/repair for this problem?
Thanks, Mike

·
Super Moderator
21,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mfirman1.
The thread is quite old. Hope someone who experienced the problem and found a resolution responds to it. It would be good to know (at least) the model year of your car whenever you pose a question about it. Add the car's info to your profile signature and no one will have to ask again.

Reactions: Mfirman1

·
Registered
9 Posts
This caught my eye. I know it's an old post but I thought I'd put in my 2c. Just recently, in the past 1000 miles or so, I notice excessive brake dust on ONLY the driver rear wheel. It will be dark gray/light black while the rest of the wheels are still silver metallic. My unit is a 2009 Acadia AWD With 175,000 miles. I do hear a slight drag/scraping from that side when driving slow.

·
Super Moderator
21,712 Posts
This caught my eye. I know it's an old post but I thought I'd put in my 2c. Just recently, in the past 1000 miles or so, I notice excessive brake dust on ONLY the driver rear wheel. It will be dark gray/light black while the rest of the wheels are still silver metallic. My unit is a 2009 Acadia AWD With 175,000 miles. I do hear a slight drag/scraping from that side when driving slow.
It's most likely time to change the rear brakes if they haven't already been done. Brakes don't always wear evenly side to side, especially if your 'normal' drive requires turning more in one direction than the other.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's most likely time to change the rear brakes if they haven't already been done. Brakes don't always wear evenly side to side, especially if your 'normal' drive requires turning more in one direction than the other.
I think you might be on to something. Since I have owned the vehicle, I have not changed out the pads or rotors. Probably time for at least the two rear sets along with a pair of rotors. They look quite corroded and are likely causing the slight vibration over 55.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
could be crud buildup on the stainless steel clips the brake pads slide on.
Enough crud to keep the pads from moving freely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts