GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’m new to the forum. I just bought a 2017 GMC Acadia and the rear camera is blurry. I ordered a new one but can’t find anything on the internet of how to remove the old one to replace it. Was hoping someone on here may have done this before and could share how they did it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Assuming you ensured the backup lens is clean first?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I cleaned it and it’s still blurry. It got a little better but still not very clear.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
The camera appears to be a pop-out pop-in item. You'll find pictures of it on eBay and other such reseller sites. Here's one site to show you: 2017 ACADIA BACK UP CAMERA 507783. It will likely require a trim tool and a bit of finesse to release the clips for removing it.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Thanks!! I’ll check it out and see if I can get it to pop out.
It does press in and out. . . however, IIRC . .. It might not have a lot of cable length behind it to remove the connector to the camera without removing the inside hatch panel and taking out the trim applique on the hatch where the camera is mounted.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
When working the picture quality is great IMO, you'll be happy you fixed it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have removed it multiple times… another story… buy if it is the same as 2015 model (gen 1) you have to take out plastic panel of the door 1st —- get service manual.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have removed it multiple times… another story… buy if it is the same as 2015 model (gen 1) you have to take out plastic panel of the door 1st —- get service manual.
Agree. . . said that in post #6 yesterday. About removing the inside hatch panel. . . . ;)

Reactions: jeespinozar

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! I’m new to the forum. I just bought a 2017 GMC Acadia and the rear camera is blurry. I ordered a new one but can’t find anything on the internet of how to remove the old one to replace it. Was hoping someone on here may have done this before and could share how they did it. Thanks!!
Try ajusting it through the radio menu

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just wish this camera lens stayed clean. My wife's Chrysler 300 camera stays a lot cleaner than the Acadia.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
I just wish this camera lens stayed clean. My wife's Chrysler 300 camera stays a lot cleaner than the Acadia.
The camera gets cleaned when using the rear window washer on the XT5. Nice feature!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I'd say that's vehicle profile...
A straight up back end has a lot of turbulence, thus why the back of SUV's and minivans get dirty fastest. Same applies to the camera.

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all the help.
My 2017 Denali has an Standard Definition like back-up camera, really not happy they didn't put in an HD. Is that what you mean as blurry? I wish I could change it out. And I felt it got dirtier quicker than my previous Hyundai Santa Fe camera

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My 2017 Denali has an Standard Definition like back-up camera, really not happy they didn't put in an HD. Is that what you mean as blurry? I wish I could change it out. And I felt it got dirtier quicker than my previous Hyundai Santa Fe camera
I wonder if they made changes from '17 to '19, as I'm super happy with the back up cam in my '19. Clear, defined picture, everything is very clear. Maybe a bit less when it's dark, but all good. The map (Android Auto) is super clear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder if they made changes from '17 to '19, as I'm super happy with the back up cam in my '19. Clear, defined picture, everything is very clear. Maybe a bit less when it's dark, but all good. The map (Android Auto) is super clear.
That is awesome to hear. Yes, I have seen the updated camera and looks great. It was super disappointing to buy the Denali with all of the bells and whistles, only to have this camera. And I had just started to work for GM.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Here's a couple pics of my map and backup camera. Car is fairly clean, maybe 10 days since washed, did not clean before taking the picture.
20210510_155043.jpg 20210510_155053.jpg
The waviness is not there in person.
Might not be perfect, but I think plenty fine.

Reactions: dgotwals1
1 - 18 of 18 Posts