GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to the forum, so Hello to everyone! My wife and I just ordered a 2008 Acadia SLT-2, with every option available in White Diamond Tricoat. My question is, I read that GMC will have a rear back-up camera available in the 2008 model. I called our salesman yesterday and inquired, he said that he was'nt sure, but that he was under the impression that it would not be available until later in the year. Does anyone have any better information. I would like this option installed before my Acadia is built!

·
Registered
87 Posts
It is amazing to me how the salesmen don't know their product. The rear view camera is on all the 2008 models with Nav. Sounds like it's going to a beautiful machine. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered a 2008 on June 19 with the nav, hud and trailering my current event code is 3000. I would like to see pic of were the cam is mounted, if some one has one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's mounted right above the license plate, right in the recess with the license plate lights.

·
Registered
659 Posts
gbshuler said:
It is amazing to me how the salesmen don't know their product.
Unfortunately, these days that seems to be more the norm than the exception.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Now how do you retro fit this puppy??? :help:

·
Registered
405 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Now how do you retro fit this puppy??? :help:
:ditto:

·
Registered
362 Posts
supaman said:
Does anybody have 2008 with the Rearview Camera? if so how good does it work?
I don't have it but saw it on a Honda Pilot we test drove. Basically, as soon as you shift into reverse, the navigation screen turns into a live feed from the backup camera. It is very cool.

·
Registered
123 Posts
supaman said:
Does anybody have 2008 with the Rearview Camera? if so how good does it work?
I have an '07 Acadia but just tested out an Enclave. jfencl is exactly right. As soon as you switch it into reverse it shows what's behind you on the NAV screen. After you put it back into drive (or park) it switches off. I really really liked it. Almost makes me wish I waited for an 08...almost. I'm sure the Acadia camera will be identical to the Enclave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts