GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 gmc Acadia AWD i am looking to replace rear axle fluid is this the type of fluid i need GM 75w-90 Hypoid Fluid i can find gm fluid here but found MotoMaster Synthetic Extreme Pressure Gear oil 75/90 946-mL will this do? or it has to be GM and what is the amount of oil that i need? oh and is the same oil type for transfer case?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
what is your opinion on castrol syntec gear oil and Royal Purple 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil, they both meet the requirements but royal purple is 10 dollars more

Royal purple
  • Royal Purple 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil reduces friction to lower gearbox temperature, extending equipment life and improving fuel efficiency
  • Excels in axels containing open, limited-slip, locker, and spool equipped differentials
  • For use in transmission and gearbox applications requiring a GL-5 or GL-4 gear oil
Castrol
  • Provides added assurance during extended drain intervals
  • Improved thermal stability and excellent shear stability for superior wear protection
  • Full compatibility with all conventional and synthetic API GL-5 and MT-1 gear oils
  • Exceeds the service fill requirements of conventional and limited slip differentials calling for SAE 75W-90 and API Service GL-5 specification
  • Exceeds API Service GL-5 lubricant for extreme pressure conditions
  • Exceeds API MT-1 lubricant for non-synchronized manual transmissions used in buses and heavy-duty trucks
Thanks guys

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think any decent brand name should be fine, no need for Royal Purple.
Personally... I'd probably just get GM fluid, or whatever manufacturer makes it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts