GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase my Acadia a couple of weeks ago and while traveling with some friends I used the rear ac and the air that it was blowing was like outside temperature. It was about 80 degrees outside and my ac temperature settings were at 65. You could really feel the difference between the front and rear. Try turning on the rear controls but did not help either. Anyone else experiences this issue. :help:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have dual climate controls? If so did you check the rear controls from the second row seats? You have to make sure the AUX button is on in the front. Then the rear temp control allows you to make the temp higher or lower than the front. Try holding the lower temp button until is reads zero. you would set it higher in the winter to add more heat to the back. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Actually I did all that with no luck. I took it to the dealership and they service the entire system with no difference. Wanted to see if anybody else experience the same before I took it back to the dealership. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
I have heard of that issue on another acadia also. There are a few things you can do. Try turning the temperature control of rear system and see if it blows hot air when you turn it to full hot position. If that works, please reply back and there is a quick diagnosis that you can do to figure out the problem. I am sorry for this issue with your car, but I know the solution. So please reply back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a Saturn Outlook and I'm having the same problem. The rear air blows out much warmer than the front when the air conditioner is on. We have the Auxillary switch on. From the rear controls we can make the air warmer but the air is still warm on the coolest setting. We took it to the dealer and the Tech said there's nothing wrong with it. He suggested keeping it on Auto and recirculate all the time. I'm not sure what else to do. Is there something I can tell the dealer when I take it in that will make it more likely for them to find the problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks AC_Expert. I'll try that when I get home later this afternoon. By accident I tried a similar test the other day and the rear air did seem to cool off some, especially when the blower setting was lower. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
What's the secret behind turning the A/C down to get it colder?

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
After reading this thread I sat in the back seat and tried the rear AC. The air blows cold from the roof vents but when I change it to the lower output, I don't feel anything. It looks like there are vents under the front seats, but it dosen't feel like anything is coming out from these vents. Am I looking in the right place for the lower vents?

·
Registered
681 Posts
TMMAR said:
After reading this thread I sat in the back seat and tried the rear AC. The air blows cold from the roof vents but when I change it to the lower output, I don't feel anything. It looks like there are vents under the front seats, but it dosen't feel like anything is coming out from these vents. Am I looking in the right place for the lower vents?
The vents for the floor setting on the Rear Climate Control setting are under the 3rd row, not under the front seats.

From the manual page 213:

Normal (Mode): Press the mode button to manually
change the direction of the airflow in the vehicle.
Repeatedly press the button until the desired mode
appears on the display. Multiple presses cycles
through the delivery selections.
Upper(Vent): This mode directs air through the
headliner outlets.
Dual(Bi-Level): This mode directs air through the
floor outlets as well as the headliner outlets.
The rear system floor outlets are located under
the third row seats.[/color]Floor Only (Floor): This mode directs most of the
air through the floor outlets. The rear system floor
outlets are located under the third row seats.[/color]

(I had to rename the images that are associated with each setting as the images did not copy over).

The vents under the front row seats are controlled by the front climate control settings: - page 206

(Floor): This mode directs most of the air to
the floor outlets, with some of the air directed
to the windshield, side window outlets, and
second row floor outlets[/color]. In this mode, the system
automatically selects outside air. Recirculation
cannot be selected in floor mode.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Johnway,
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you access the manual on line?
Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
TMMAR said:
Johnway,
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you access the manual on line?
Thanks
I have the PDF Manual right on my desktop, I had before I pruchased the vehicle, I can search terms or just pull up and click on the subject int he index and read all about it. :thumb: Slow day at work too ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried AC_Expert's test and my rear air stayed a constant lukewarm. Adjusting the level of the fan did not change the temperature of the air blowing out. My front air seems to work really well but the rear is just way too warm. I'm planning on making another trip to the shop early next week if possible. I think I'll ask them to let me test one of the vehicles on the lot just to make sure I'm not crazy. Shouldn't the rear air be just as cold as the front? On my Expedition, the rear air was just as cold, if not colder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi t2sj,

Thanks for running the test. I am sorry that the problem still exists. The interesting thing is that the air stayed lukewarm. There could be a problem with the expansion valve in the rear lines however it should let air to cool off at lower blower settings. Which state are you in? i.e. what is the outside temperature. Did you do the test after the vehicle was soaking in Sun for a long time or was it under a shade?

Also, if possible can you post the dealership name and contact info to which you will take this car and I will check with GM service system to follow up your car's case closely in order to diagnose the problem.
I am highly interested in this problem and hence all the excitement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AC_Expert,
I'm in North Carolina. We keep the vehicle in the garage. However, it was in the low 90's yesterday when I ran the test. I had to drive it in to work this morning (temp in upper 70's) and the rear air actually felt cold and it did seem to feel cooler on the lower blower setting. This is my wife's vehicle so I'm not in it much. Maybe it takes a while for the AC to cool down. Or maybe the problem comes and goes. The high today is supposed to be 95 so I'll be interested to see how the AC does on my drive home (it takes me 40 minutes to drive home). I bought the vehicle at Saturn of Concord (Concord, NC). I would probably take it back there for service or possibly Saturn of Charlotte. Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks t2sj. Can you please tell me before you go to the dealership and I will arrange to have GM service contact them and followup for the service. GM doesn't want a good customer to keep going to the dealership for the same problem again and again.

If it's ok please send me the last 8 of the vin. For privacy sake, you may use email (there is an email option under my name in this window). We need the VIN so that we know when it gets entered in the system. Also, as I said earlier, please feel free to call me. I might be able to understand the problem more that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the advice. Not sure how but my Acadia rear AC seems to be blowing colder air. I did not do anything diferent. Will keep an eye on it. Thanks. ???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the update, Nitopr.

Please keep a watch at it during the summer and possibly you might be able to recreate the problem.

Also, if you don't have anyone sitting in the back rows, use the mimic functionality for the Aux unit. i.e. set the front unit to whatever you feel comfortable with and then cycle the Aux button off and on. This will bring the rear also in the same settings as front and will be pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I took my Outlook in for service and they replaced the Expansion valve. The rear AC seemed to be working better (although it's not been hot here this week). I'll have to see if this fixed the problem. It does seem to be much cooler than before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got my Acadia for 3 months then start having no rear AC at all. GM service held it for a week and replaced computer module 3 times. I finally got it back but with rear AC blowing warm air. Brought back for checking but they just refilled freon and had no clue about it. Hope somebody find out some trick to get rear AC working while waiting for GM new update. Maybe i will try different service location.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts