GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm a new poster to these boards, but I have done some lurking for awhile. Anyway, we've narrowed down our options (Acura MDX, BMW X5, Cadillac SRX, GMC Acadia, Lexus RX350, Mercedes Benz ML350, Mercedes Benz R350) to the GMC Acadia because of the passenger room and cargo capacity. The runner-ups were the Acura MDX and the Mercedes Benz R350, but unfortunately the MDX didn't have the kind of 3rd row leg room we were looking for, and the R350 has a bad reputation for overall reliability.

The GMC Acadia that we are looking at will have the following...
SLT-2 Package
Rear DVD Entertainment
SkyScape Dual Sunroof's
DVD Navigation System
HUD
HID Headlights

We're pretty liberal with the color combination, but we definitely do NOT want brown, red, or purple exterior or ebony interior. Our favorite colors are silver and titanium interior, but if we can still get a great deal on one already on the dealer lot we'd rather do that instead.

OK... on to the main part of my reason posting.

I have a few questions regarding the Acadia:

1) Does it come with one sunroof standard, or do you have to order the SkyScape roof in order to get actually get one?
2) How is the picture quality on the DVD entertainment system? I'm not looking for something in HD, but I don't want the picture to be grainy either.
3) Is the Bose sound system any good? Is it any comparison to a Mark Levinson or Logic7 system?

If anybody has any answers, or just suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Much,
Tahiti

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
8 vehicle choices is narrowed down? ::)

Dual scape is the only option,
picture and sound quality are great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! That's what I thought about the sunroof, but I wasn't 100% sure so I just wanted to ask. I'm getting really excited about the Bose sound and navigation; we've only had a nav system in a 2000 Lexus GS400, but back then they weren't too intuitive...

8 vehicle choices is narrowed down? Roll Eyes
You should have seen me a few years ago picking out the Yukon...
~Lincoln Navigator
~Lexus RX300
~Ford Expedition
~Ford Explorer
~Volvo Wagon (can't think of the name...)
~Merdedes Benz ML320
~Toyota 4Runner
~Toyota Sequoia
~Saab Wagon (think it was a 9-5)
~GMC Envoy
~GMC Yukon

Yeah... I am known for my indecisiveness.

~Tahiti

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just found an Acadia about 40 miles from here. It has everything that we want, and more...

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 (AWD)
DVD Entertainment
Navigation System
2nd Row Center Console
19" Wheels
Rear Audio Controls
SkyScape Sunroof

Carbon Flash Metallic
Titanium Leather

:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Tahiti1028 said:
I just found an Acadia about 40 miles from here. It has everything that we want, and more...

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 (AWD)
DVD Entertainment
Navigation System
2nd Row Center Console
19" Wheels
Rear Audio Controls
SkyScape Sunroof

Carbon Flash Metallic
Titanium Leather

:)
So are you going to look at it or buy it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully we'll buy it sometime this week... :thumb:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Depending on your $$....I would look at the Mercedes R class with the BluTec coming out this fall.

It will be expensive but hey...that's all relative to the person.

If you want value then I would go with the Acadia SLT2 with the bells and whistles and put the $20k savings to other good use.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SEL -- We took a look at the Mercedes R350 and loved it, but it was ~$20,000 higher and did not have good reliability; don't get me wrong, I'd love to own a Mercedes, but with the price and reliability being major factors for choosing a vehicle, I'd rather save the money and get a better car. :)

I thought about the vehicle at the dealer 40 miles away, and decided that since we are going to keep it for 6-8+ years we should get our first color choices, so ordering one will be the best option. How long does it take to receive an ordered vehicle; my dealer said 6-8 weeks, but I have heard of people waiting 12+ weeks for their Acadia.

I'm going to order the following colors, options, etc., but if you have any suggestions on other items or opinions on the ones we have selected, feel free to comment. :thumb:

Acadia SLT-2 AWD
Liquid Silver/Titanium
~DVD
~Nav
~SkyScape
~HID
~HUD

Right now I'm contemplating the 19" wheels to replace the standard 18", but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality for wheel size. Can people with these wheels tell me their opinions; is it worth the extra ~$1,500 or so, or should I just skip it?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I really want to make sure I am getting the right car...

Thanks SO Much!
~Tahiti :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm not sure where you're located, but I see you want AWD so I'm guessing you must get snow. I don't think the tires on the 19" wheels are as good as the 18" in snow, but I could be wrong here. Do you use a sunroof a lot? If not that is one option I might delete.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I decide against the 19s because of the inferior difference in ride quality to me and went with the stock 18s. Just like paint...ride quality is subjective.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was pretty sure the R-class are rebadged Pacifica's. Can anyone confirm my memory.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went with the 19". I test drove both the 18 ad 19 and didn't notice a difference in ride quality. So we went with the 19 since they look better IMO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
~

big bear craig said:
I'm not sure where you're located, but I see you want AWD so I'm guessing you must get snow. I don't think the tires on the 19" wheels are as good as the 18" in snow, but I could be wrong here. Do you use a sunroof a lot? If not that is one option I might delete.
We live in Wisconsin, so yes, we get a pretty sizable amount of snow and having AWD is an absolute must. Since we've decided on ordering the vehicle we have the option between 18" and 19" wheels; I think for the price difference and overall looks we'll go with the 18" wheels.

SEL said:
I decide against the 19s because of the inferior difference in ride quality to me and went with the stock 18s. Just like paint...ride quality is subjective.
Ride quality is important to me; we tested a fully loaded SLT-2 just like we would get, with 18" wheels and I loved the quality of the ride. It was better than the Cadillac, Acura, and even the Lexus in some respects.

One more question...

I've heard the 2009 Acadia is due out some time soon (June 18th?) and the main differences are going to be the addition of a few options. Is there any difference in terms of exterior styling? Are orders for the '08 models still being accepted?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Re: ~

Tahiti1028 said:
One more question...

I've heard the 2009 Acadia is due out some time soon (June 18th?) and the main differences are going to be the addition of a few options. Is there any difference in terms of exterior styling? Are orders for the '08 models still being accepted?

Thanks!
By all accounts, there won't be any styling changes for the '09s, just a few option additions like Bluetooth, heated and cooled seats, and the direct injection 3.6L. Most of the new stuff on the Chevrolet Traverse will cross over to the other Lambdas as well.

And the cut-off for 08 model orders was April 4th.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GeoHawk said:
Tahiti1028 said:
One more question...

Thanks!
By all accounts, there won't be any styling changes for the '09s, just a few option additions like Bluetooth, heated and cooled seats, and the direct injection 3.6L. Most of the new stuff on the Chevrolet Traverse will cross over to the other Lambdas as well.

Thanks for the response! I don't know if you know the answer to this one, but are the seats going to be perforated because of the cooling option? And, if I order one when it is available, when will I actually get the vehicle?

Thanks Again!

And the cut-off for 08 model orders was April 4th.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Tahiti1028 said:
Thanks for the response! I don't know if you know the answer to this one, but are the seats going to be perforated because of the cooling option? And, if I order one when it is available, when will I actually get the vehicle?

Thanks Again!
Not sure about the perforated leather, but I would think so. If you order an '09 right off the bat, with production starting in mid June, I would think you would have it by early July.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,

We just got our Acadia! We looked at a silver/titanium, and a white diamond/titanium, and side by side, the white diamond looks much better. The Acadia we got is an SLT-1 with Convenience Pkg., Trailering Pkg., Power Liftgate, Rear DVD Entertainment, and the dual-panel SkyScape roof. All I can say is WOW. This is the best SUV we've owned, and we plan to keep it for a long time (100,000+ miles).

I'll get some pictures up later when I can figure out how to white-out the license plate... anybody have suggestions?

Thanks For the Help,
Tahiti :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts