GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: Newbie! GMS Pricing

First off, this is a great forum with a wealth of information. The wife and I are in a market for a new car. We currently leased FX35 and it's due within 2 months. I am a GM employee, but never ever considered an "american" car. I started to read the reviews and decided to test drive the Acadia. What an awesome car overall. Hands down I feel it's a better fit compared to the CX9, Highlander and MDX. So, after many years as a GM employee, I figured let's use those benefits!

1. Am I better off negotiating the price or just take my GMS discount? I pulled the below info from another post. It seems many of you have purchased below invoice in 2007 with out the discount. Not sure if the same can be said for 08? Or is the GMS just a "guesstimate" and I will still need to negotiate?

IE a plain FWD SLT-2.. no other options or rebates to keep it simple.
MSRP is 36,980
Supplier pricing 35,195.88
Invoice (per edmunds) 33,889
GMS (employee) 33,686.73

2. Can anyone suggest a specific dealer in southern california that they liked and why?

TIA- Saki

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I was a GM employee for a long time and purchased 3 GM cars using GMS. Since then I have purchased 3 GM cars as a non GM employee and have paid flat invoice minus discounts for each one. As long as your dealer does not cheat you and gives you all the rebates and discounts (if any) on top of the GMS, you will get a great deal going GMS. I think the Acadia is bout $700 under invoice is better than most of the people will ever get.

One note: If you have an older GM Mastercard, you can no longer combine your GM earnings on the card with the GMS, so that could be a reason not to do GMS.

·
Registered
207 Posts
OK...I continually see people posting where the supplier pricing is substantially above invoice and the GMS is at or slightly below. I'm confused but I don't really care as it is more of a passing conundrum. My pricing at least what I thought to be supplier pricing was at invoice and the GMS pricing was below by a good amount. The only thing I have been able to determine and I am starting to wonder is if a fully loaded vehicle has relatively better supplier pricing to invoice than a more basic vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a supplier GSU coupon and when I configured
the Acadia that I was looking at it looked to be 1-2% above invoice.
Before any discounts.

I do not know if that is because GSU is regional (I'm in Texas).

M

·
Registered
207 Posts
On my exchange dealers invoice the SP is $197.12 under and GMS is $1847 under. Then because it was exchanged out of state it was even lower for the exact same car here not including rebates. I went to edmonds and their invoice was higher even though the dealer had his LAM contributions included. I guess I shouldn't bother with trying to figure it out and just count my lucky stars that it worked out the way it did. :)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I keep seeing different posts about pricing so I decided to run an example. I built a 2008 SLT1 Red Jewel w/Titanium, Convenience PKG, DVD, and Heated Washer just to get a mix of options in the pricing. It turns out that MSRP is the top price, supplier pricing is next, invoice is lower, then GMS is even lower than that. I found out that GMS can fluctuate a little based on a few things that I did not understand, but the number below is very much in the ballpark.

MSRP $39,245.00
Supplier $37,095.45
Invoice $36,511.00
GMS $35,669.00

So if a dealer tries to sell you at Supplier pricing, get him talked down to invoice!! (or GMS if he is willing)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very good point, I found from all my math that the Supplier pricing was about 1.25% above invoice.

I got my dealer to give me $250 above invoice on a custom order (plus I get to use my GM points - $700 and Dealer rewards - $160).

I am going this Saturday to place my order, hopefully have late May/early June.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My supplier pricing was a bit below invoice on tha Acadia. However, there was a rebate that couldn't be used, so to save us taxes, he sold it so that after the rebate we could use it came out $100 above supplier pricing (which if it would have been taxed at that point would have saved movre than supplier pricing, which has some weird tax deal(only saved us about $100 in taxes), plus got all the other rebates on top of it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
skibum69 said:
My supplier pricing was a bit below invoice on tha Acadia. However, there was a rebate that couldn't be used, so to save us taxes, he sold it so that after the rebate we could use it came out $100 above supplier pricing (which if it would have been taxed at that point would have saved movre than supplier pricing, which has some weird tax deal(only saved us about $100 in taxes), plus got all the other rebates on top of it.
If your supplier price was a bit below invoice, then either you did not have the real supplier price or you did not have the real invoice price. Supplier pricing is higher than invoice. If you really did pay a bit under invoice, you got one heck of a deal. And if you really did pay supplier price, then you got a pretty good deal as well. Either way, you did not pay MSRP and you can be happy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If your supplier price was a bit below invoice, then either you did not have the real supplier price or you did not have the real invoice price. Supplier pricing is higher than invoice. If you really did pay a bit under invoice, you got one heck of a deal. And if you really did pay supplier price, then you got a pretty good deal as well. Either way, you did not pay MSRP and you can be happy.

[/quote]

On my dealer print out, it shows invoice of 38,681 for my SLT2 with trailering, sunroof and HID lights. He has supplier price of 38,581. So I dont' know if he had something wrong, but either way like you said it's alot better than paying over 41K for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts