GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 Acadia is on the vin list for the transmission update. I however, don't have any problem with the way it is. Infact I get 26 HWY and 21mpg in town. My question is if we don't do the update could it effect the warrenty?
Lee

·
Registered
164 Posts
lee said:
My 2007 Acadia is on the vin list for the transmission update. I however, don't have any problem with the way it is. Infact I get 26 HWY and 21mpg in town. My question is if we don't do the update could it effect the warrenty?
Lee
I had the transmission update and it definitely helped the shifting. The gas mileage never changed. If you're getting that kind of mileage (which is a lot better than mine) and you're satisfied with the way it shifts I'd leave it alone. I wouldn't think it would have any bearing on your warranty...IMO.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am in the same situation. I read on a thread in here that someone had lots of troubles after the update, though most thught it was an improvement. I am not worried about the warranty but I dont think I want anyone tinkering with something that is working perfectly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
lee said:
My question is if we don't do the update could it effect the warrenty?
No. It is your option to have the flash performed on your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It's not a recall - it's a customer satisfaction campaign. Which means it's at the customer's option whether they want it or not and it will have no impact on the warranty. If it was true recall you would need to have it done.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
lee said:
Lee
I’m one of those members who was content with my transmission the way it was, getting decent MPG, but decided to go through with the latest flash anyways. Biggest mistake I ever made with my Acadia. It resulted in worse MPG, no improvement in shifting, and a lovely vibration throughout the vehicle at 45mph that is considered a “normal operating condition” by my dealer and GM.

My recommendation is… if you’re happy with it, leave it alone. In other words “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

·
Registered
207 Posts
Web Raven said:
My recommendation is… if you’re happy with it, leave it alone. In other words “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
You'd think I would learn as I don't know how many times I've been perfectly happy with something but end up doing the update and then for some reason I'm no longer happy.

IE. My Bluray player worked just fine but there was an update for a minor issue that didn't really bother me. I sent it off to get it "repaired" under warranty and sure enough they fixed it. I got it back and the player was all scratched up from the techs handling it. So now the minor issue has been fixed but my player looks like it was used as a door stop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Web Raven said:
lee said:
Lee
I’m one of those members who was content with my transmission the way it was, getting decent MPG, but decided to go through with the latest flash anyways. Biggest mistake I ever made with my Acadia. It resulted in worse MPG, no improvement in shifting, and a lovely vibration throughout the vehicle at 45mph that is considered a “normal operating condition” by my dealer and GM.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to have it flashed BACK to the original one.... Have you asked about doing that?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jaymac10 said:
Web Raven said:
lee said:
Lee

I'm pretty sure you should be able to have it flashed BACK to the original one.... Have you asked about doing that?
I thought I read somewhere on this forum that wasn't an option. Someone had inquired with their dealer about it or something. I don't remember how long ago that thread was posted.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you are happy with it, I'd leave it alone. You know the saying..."if it ain't broke". I'm in the same situation as Web Raven - after the flash it did shift a little better (not as much back and forth like it couldn't make up it's mind) but the improvement wasn't quantum leap. I too now have the "vibration" at 45 mph...like the exhaust shields are loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts