GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the back of the factory nav system has an rca type of input? I see that there is one on the back of the center console but that only works with the rear DVD right? I'm thinking of buying one but my mp3 player has rca output for video so I'd rather use that as opposed to the headphone cable. I have considered getting an aftermarket nav system but then it wouldn't talk to the HUD or the cargo area controls. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The RCA inputs can be used for the back passengers headphones (including video on the DVD screen) or for the all occupants via the speaker system. If you have a video IPOD hooked up, it will play the video on the Nav screen as well (while in Park). It takes a few button presses on the rear seat audio control panel, and the remote control to get it all working, but those back RCA jacks are effectively an MP3 player interface for you (ie the whole car, not just the back passengers). I am planning to run the IPOD cable I have directly into the center console by drilling a hole in a non-conspicuous area so I can have the MP3 player out of site and the cable will only be visible where it plugs into the RCA jacks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No... there are no RCA's in the dash on the nav radio or any other.

That said, I've done exactly what 28948 did and plugged my Sirius radio into the rear inputs. I just ran the cord up and right into the console "well" and have my radio mounted in the removable tray in the center console. I also get power from the cig socket in the "Well" and shoved all my extra antenna cord in there. Video would be just as easy as plugging in the extra cord, but I have no need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently got an 08 Acadia SLT2. I can't get the head unit to read any DVDs. CDs are fine but no DVDs. I tried to use a NES mini using the rear AV input. The sound comes through fine but the video doesn't. When I wiggle the yellow video input wire I could briefly see the game system on the monitor. Does anyone know where I can get a set of replacement AV input jacks? Or how to replace these?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts