GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The noise is audible (read: ANNOYING) on low speed and travelling on a rather bumpy or uneven or rough surface. I can't seem to figure out exactly where it is coming from but I know it is somewhere from the 2nd row (passenger side) to the 3rd row on the same side. The noise seems to come from the outside. It's kind of a rattle sound. While travelling on the mentioned type of roads, I tried to look and listen and everytime I looked towards the door, it seems to be coming from there. I have checked if something is inside the door pockets left by my kids..nothing.

It is not very audible at high speeds (but it is there) because of the road noise.
I believe the noise has been there for sometime. It just so happen that the MP3 disc (tried it for the 1st time) was taking its time to load therefore I have peace and quiet, then I heard the rattling sound.

Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I notice an intermitant rattling also. It must be something with the deep blue/ebony color combo.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TMMAR said:
It must be something with the deep blue/ebony color combo.
;D ;D ;D

Well, I made a service appointment to have it looked at. It's not gonna happen until July 2.
I'll post an update when I had it done.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The driver's side switch panel (power window, locks, mirrors) is rattling and I've narrowed it down to the buttons themselves. If I rest my hand on the panel and cover the buttons, it's fine. It only does it on bumpy roads, but sure is annoying. Anyone else?? I was hoping that if I asked to have it replaced under warranty I might have better luck with the new one.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've just noticed a similar noise recently...sounds like it is in the driver's door. To me it sounded like the window rattling. I assume it just needs some tightening. If I get a free moment I planned on just popping the panel of and giving everything a little extra turn.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good luck and let us know if anything was loose. With mine, I'm 100% sure it's the power window buttons...I'm a little worried that if I request a new panel, it may do the same thing. However I haven't seen any others posting about this so maybe I just got the defective one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I started this thread, UPDATE:

I still have it. My service dept has not been able to replicate it. This issue is still logged in their system as an open item. Tuning into my fave radio station or cd before I drive off very early in the morning is my temporary (maybe PERMANENT) solution.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds very similar to a rattle I experienced...

I eventually traced mine some sort of seatbelt bracket that is mounted on the side trim on either side behind the center passenger seats. It appears to be some sort of seatbelt harness for child safety seats.

Its mounted on the side panel trim and has a plastic seatbelt bracket hanging from a cord. When going over bumps the bracket would swing freely into the plastic side trim behind the passenger seats. I was able to "stow" mine by sliding the bracket onto the finger shaped clamp where the thing is attached to the side trim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i went to the dealer yesterday and one of the technicians took a ride with me - it is somewhere in the console...ugh. AND now there is a clicking noise coming from my after market navigation system. the dealership put that in so hopefully they will be able to fix it.

i sure hope i don't end up regretting buying american - i have always owned foreign made cars, but really wanted to show my support for american products.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well I was able to find my rattle. Sounds like each of us have a slightly different one. What I thought was the window moving in the track was not correct. I placed my hand on the window as I drove over bumpy rodes and when the noise was present and it continued. So I just kept placing my hand on different parts of the drivers door until the noise stopped. Finally tracked it to the door lock plunger. When stopped I can wiggle it a bit and replicate the noise I hear while driving. I will have to find time to pop the panel off as I originally wrote and depending on the way the shaft is built, either tighten some bolts, or if space allows, just wrap the metal shaft in some foam weatherstrip or something that will pad the noise and make it disappear.

For those of you still trying to figure yours out, try the door lock plunger. Again you should be able to move it while the car is in park and see if that is the noise you are annoyed with. If not, you may need to have a passenger with you to apply pressure to various parts of the door or lend an ear directly where you hear it coming from(plunger buttons, glass, speaker area) to help diagnose. Noises inside the cabin area can be deceptive in my experience. What sounds like it is coming from the rear passenger side, sometimes is somewhere else. Hard to pin down when your driving. Get a helper! :cheers:

·
Registered
294 Posts
When I was test driving Acadia's, I drove one that had a rattle in the back. When back at the dealer, I opened the back hatch. Something was loose inside the spoiler over the back window. It wouldn't rattle every time. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
This may sound stupid, but are your tires aired up fully? My husband was just copmlaining that his G was making all kinds of rattling noices that were about to drive him crazy. The next day his tire sensor went off. He now remembers the last time that happened the car made awful noises before the sensor went off.

He did say he wished he had something to tell him how much air he needed and exactly which tire needs air. HA HA finally got the G beat!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
actually, I think I have 3: 1) aftermarket dvd player is rattling - dealer installed so hopefully can fix it; 2) the screen on the front sunroof rattles a little and 3) just something, somewhere in the console. Not sure how they are going to fix the last two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my rattle is definitely in the rear and outside... started after I installed an aftermarket u-haul reciever. There is too much play in the muffler hangers and the muffler is bouncing up into the hitch - I can clearly see the rubbed shinny metal... any thoughts on how I can stiffen them up a bit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
imgntht said:
I've just noticed a similar noise recently...sounds like it is in the driver's door. To me it sounded like the window rattling. I assume it just needs some tightening. If I get a free moment I planned on just popping the panel of and giving everything a little extra turn.

Did you find out the problem?
I'm having the same problem with my drivers side window.
Do you think it might be the weather stripping?

·
Registered
683 Posts
sully007 said:
imgntht said:

Did you find out the problem?
I'm having the same problem with my drivers side window.
Do you think it might be the weather stripping?
I have yet to pop the panel off, but I have tracked at least one sound down to the door lock plunger. I can hold it with my hand and the sound goes away. Sounds like the metal rod that it is attached to is coming into contact with another metal part of the door frame. Should be an easy fix, hard part for me is finding the time needed to take the door panel off and do it.

However I do hear more noises seemingly from the drivers side of the vehicle, which do sound like the weather stripping. Not much that you can do abuot that I don't think so I will have to live with it. Doesn't happen too often, but maybe on my next oil change I will bring it up to the dealer. I can't seem to tell if it is coming from the driver's door, or driver's side rear...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2008 Acadia slt about a month ago. About 2 weeks ago the front sunroof screen started rattling. This weekend my husband and I noticed a rattling noise coming from the 2nd row door behind the driver seat. I drove while my husband tried to find the source (to no avail). Rattling is audible on both hwy and side streets. Its is validating to read that other Acadia owners have experienced similar mystery rattling noises. Has anyone gotten any resolution as to the source or cause of the noise? Also, at about 800 miles, I'm getting an unimpressive 13.3 mpg. Will this get better?

·
Registered
112 Posts
it's, probably weather seal. Try to apply some Dow Corning DC-4 on the seal. It may help. i have read on this forum one post, someone has same problem on Montana.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts