GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Acadia SLT has recently been making a rattling noise when turning left and during acceleration. When Parked if I accelerate the rattling noise also can be heard but diminishes when the engine goes back to normal idle. Noise comes from the front of the engine lower right, just underneath the canister vapor valve. What’s annoying is that there is no service engine light on to indicate a code.
Already replaced the 2 drive shafts thinking it was them going bad. It can’t be a rod failure or the engine would be knocking as soon as it starts. What could it be though??

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
A "rattle" usually indicates something is loose, or one thing is lightly touching another. It should be easy to find if you can hear the noise and know the source area. A mechanic's stethoscope, or piece of hose held against the ear can be useful in pinpointing the problem.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
theres been others who get noise when turning left.
Turns out theyre low on oil. check oil level.
Thats 1 thing to check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had some noise when turning left.. results that the AC lines were clogged, so the water flood the reservoir under the globe box in passenger side, I guess the water reach the fan motor when turning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had some noise when turning left.. results that the AC lines were clogged, so the water flood the reservoir under the globe box in passenger side, I guess the water reach the fan motor when turning.
Just to clarify, When one says AC lines most of us think of the high and low pressure lines that go to the compressor, evaporator, and condenser. What you are indicating in you reply, I think, would be the ecvaporator drain line that runs from the evap case to a floor drain. The drain gets clogged up either at the drain valve under the console or at the evap case exit nipple. You can pull the line loose ,it's behind the driver's center console trim almost up against the firewall. If water 'pours' out then it's the case nipple that's clogged, if not then it's the drain valve in the floor. You can get to it from underneath or pull the center console side trim but underneath is a lot easier. Prepare to get wet! All said and done, I don't think that's his issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to clarify, When one says AC lines most of us think of the high and low pressure lines that go to the compressor, evaporator, and condenser. What you are indicating in you reply, I think, would be the ecvaporator drain line that runs from the evap case to a floor drain. The drain gets clogged up either at the drain valve under the console or at the evap case exit nipple. You can pull the line loose ,it's behind the driver's center console trim almost up against the firewall. If water 'pours' out then it's the case nipple that's clogged, if not then it's the drain valve in the floor. You can get to it from underneath or pull the center console side trim but underneath is a lot easier. Prepare to get wet! All said and done, I don't think that's his issue.
yes that was the issue and the drain was clogged, thanks for clarify…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
[email protected]
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing