GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that NYC has the worst streets, but this makes 7 interior plastic defects since 9/1.
The plastic appears to be loose. I'm thinking of just jamming something in there.
I don't feel like going to the dealer again. :angryfire:
Is this really Professional Grade? :eek:hno:

With all the plastic that's breaking, they should have thrown in a 5 gallon pail of super glue :blob:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine had the same problem. It is the plastic A pillar cover rattling against the edge of the dash cover on the driver's side. I eliminated it by squeezing a section of thin plastic tubing, which I flattened first, between the two parts along the length of the contact area. I used black 1/4" dia shrink-fit tubing that I had on hand, but anything that will separate the two parts (and not be visible) should work.

This is the only complaint I have about my Acadia so far (11,000 miles).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same problem here. I used a couple small pieces of black foam door insulation. One is wedged in the gap where the dash and the A pillar meet, the other about half way up the the A pillar between the plastic and the windshield. Seems to be doing the trick for now, just looks a little tacky.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wish I had seen this post earlier...
I took my acadia into the dealer yesterday with this complaint-they couldn't find the source of the rattle after ripping apart the dashboard- their solution was to place insulation under just about everything in the dashboard on the left side and that seemed to do the trick. Let's hope it holds!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Same problem here. I have two folded up pieces of paper (grey to match the interior, of course) and wedged them between the pillar and dash and it temporarily fixed the problem.

I'm taking it in for the advanced remote start install next week and they are supposed to fix the rattle.

These little things drive me nuts. :banghead:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts