GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have 1000 miles on my '22 Acadia AT4 and I have a pretty bad rattle right near the back seat roof air vent. I pulled the vent cover off and it still makes the noise. I have a sneaking suspicion the air ducts are not secured tight enough or something like that. Anyone know how to drop the headliner at that point to see. It is right behind the sunroof. Here is a video of the rttle

Rattle noise

· Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
if it is simple and I don't have to have someone else tear it apart I would fix it.
Dealer service has a right to charge you if you break something trying to DIY a repair on an under-warranty vehicle.

Reactions: Luisitomx

· Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Reactions: Luisitomx

· Registered
160 Posts
I can respect you wanting to fix it yourself. I’ve had so many bad experiences with trim repair under warranty.
I had a buzzing noise on my ‘18 and found it came from an inner trim ring around the rear sunroof. Some soft foam shoved into the gap and it’s been good for 4 years. Sorry - in my case I didn’t need to drop the headliner.

Reactions: JayTee2019

· Registered
30 Posts
I had a headliner rattle that was driving me crazy in a new car. It was so annoying that I considered tearing things apart to find it. I'm glad that I held off since it was just one of the sun visors rattling against the headliner. It is often difficult to pinpoint the source of a noise in a car's interior.

· Registered
160 Posts
I had a headliner rattle that was driving me crazy in a new car. It was so annoying that I considered tearing things apart to find it. I'm glad that I held off since it was just one of the sun visors rattling against the headliner. It is often difficult to pinpoint the source of a noise in a car's interior.
True. You really need a friend/spouse to drive while you move your head around to try to pinpoint location, then apply pressure at various locations to find the exact spot.

In this situation, I would also see if it makes any difference if the climate control fan is blowing high, low, or off. Also - sunshade closed vs open.
Good luck!

Reactions: John_K

· Registered
1 Posts
My headliner has been replaced once in my 21 GMC Acadia. The double sided tape they use comes loose and as you hit bumps it reattaches for a moment before it looses grip again. This causes what sounds like a rattle. If you press into the headliner you can hear the tape reattach but as soon as remove the pressure it doesn’t hold. Now the second headliner is doing it too. I’m at 16k miles.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is where the clips hold it. They rattle (Probably a covid shortage). The dealer shoved stuff in it to stop the rattle and now I think something they shoved in is stuck to my sliding sun roof cover. I can't open it anymore. It rolls half way. Back to another dealer I go. My headliner looks like it is 15 years old already from them yanking on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts