GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got vibration everywhere on my Acadia. You can't even talk clearly while driving it. That's how bad it is. I looked at the wheels and one on the front had some lead balancing weights missing. Found one of them in my driveway. So I took it to AAA Bob Summerel to have that wheel balanced. They said my tires were bad. The tread was choppy and causing the vibration. I find that hard to believe because the vibration just suddenly started. Tires don't just wear down that quick. If anything the vibration should have slowly increased over time then I would believe it was bad tires. So they end up not balancing my tire. So i rotated the tires and seemed to make it a little worse. I then jacked up the front end and on both sides I am able to wiggle side to side each wheel a good half inch. So now I am wondering if its a steering component. The outer tie rods are tight with no movement, so the movement is occurring on the inside where the rack and pinion is. I'd like to get another year out of my tires, but I'm afraid if I buy tires I will still face the same issue. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issue but related to a steering component.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
IT sounds as though you do have worn suspension components. If you want tires to wear well and also be safe, best to have all suspension parts that need replacing taken care of.
Nothing to really cut corners on to just get by since something that breaks could send you and yours into a curb, ditch or into oncoming traffic.
A 2014 vehicle could need struts, control arms wheel hub bearings and more.
Please do take it into a few shops and get estimates. Get the one that has good reviews and capable service to do the work.
Yes, it will likely be costly, but two things to keep in perspective these days. . . . parts like all things are now pricey, but a new or replacement vehicle is much more costly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got vibration everywhere on my Acadia. You can't even talk clearly while driving it. That's how bad it is. I looked at the wheels and one on the front had some lead balancing weights missing. Found one of them in my driveway. So I took it to AAA Bob Summerel to have that wheel balanced. They said my tires were bad. The tread was choppy and causing the vibration. I find that hard to believe because the vibration just suddenly started. Tires don't just wear down that quick. If anything the vibration should have slowly increased over time then I would believe it was bad tires. So they end up not balancing my tire. So i rotated the tires and seemed to make it a little worse. I then jacked up the front end and on both sides I am able to wiggle side to side each wheel a good half inch. So now I am wondering if its a steering component. The outer tie rods are tight with no movement, so the movement is occurring on the inside where the rack and pinion is. I'd like to get another year out of my tires, but I'm afraid if I buy tires I will still face the same issue. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issue but related to a steering component.
Had the same on my 2012. I changed out all 4 wheel hub w/bearings and that solved it. I also had worn front axles and replace them too. Now I am back to smooth ride.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like serious suspension issues. Don't buy new tires until you get it corrected or you'll just recreate the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts