GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love:
It doesn't get lost in a sea of Explorers or Pathfinders. ____ fill in yours :thumb:
Rugged Good Looks. 8)
Rides so smooth!

Hate:
All the Cheap Plastic Parts that are falling apart in the first month of ownership. (liquid lunch at the plant that day? :beer:)
1-headlight switch fell in ( I re-set it in place)
2-chrome piece on lower shift lever, it exposes wires underneath, keeps slipping down, wont stay up (from day 1) :angryfire:
3- plastic child seat belt tension snapped
4-child seat anchor behind rear seat, black plastic surround missing, looks like this snapped.
5- lower plastic trim on bench seat, snapped off when my middle child climbed on board :blob:
6-black plastic trim between the windows, Huh?javascript:void(0); what did GM use here?
Ever look at a piece of used carbon paper? wtf? :sosad: They should have mounted the glossy part in!
7-___________fill in yours
8-___________fill in yours

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Brick, sorry to hear you have so many dislikes/defects. Did your dealer fix these things under warranty or demand replacement vehicle. Think about applying for lemon law? Maybe trade for a Flex? Sorry for your fustrations. Hopefully, some dealer will make it right for you. Not all service depts are the same.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Did you buy this thing new or used?

Dealer should fix those broken items....... Exactly how rough are you guys on this thing?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having so many interior problems. That seems very extreme. Hopefully someone's making it right for you after the fact.

My Love/Hate relationship with my Acadia:

Love:

Outward appearance. Very stylish.
Roominess. Durability. Comfort.
User-friendly. Haven't had to read my manual once... okay maybe once, but probably not more than once.

Hate:

That it seems like every time I get into the vehicle, I need to readjust my seat or my rearview mirror. What's up with that? Don't I sit in the same position every time? LOL

That lovely transmission.

The carpeting that grabs up every dog hair and weaves it into its fibers making it nearly impossible to vacuum out.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Web Raven said:
The carpeting that grabs up every dog hair and weaves it into its fibers making it nearly impossible to vacuum out.
4 rows of husky liners really Really helps with that!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Love: :binky:
Exterior color
Interior space
Great AC!
Cooled seats
G.A.D.G.E.T.S. :)
Improved gas mileage over 5.9L Dodge Durango AWD
Styling
Advanced remote start

Hate :mad:
Overpriced
One from many: Nit-picky things like nav voice control issues, cruise control fluctuates +/- 2 MPH, no glove box lamp or console rear cup holders for 2009!
Lack of true gray interior color choice
Option steering- you have to buy a certain model to get a certain option, i.e. if all you want are cooled seats and you could otherwise utilize an SLE, those seats now cost nearly $7K!

Summary:
Just like with the Led Zeppelin song, a whole lotta love! As the prophet Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want. :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
teetertotter said:
Brick, sorry to hear you have so many dislikes/defects. Did your dealer fix these things under warranty or demand replacement vehicle. Think about applying for lemon law? Maybe trade for a Flex? Sorry for your fustrations. Hopefully, some dealer will make it right for you. Not all service depts are the same.
All these are trivial and would not trade in yet. Flex? Nah, too boxy. After that squarish Mountaineer, my Acadia looks great!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bonk1313 said:
Did you buy this thing new or used?

Dealer should fix those broken items....... Exactly how rough are you guys on this thing?
Kids are under strict orders: Be Gentle, No Food! They're 7, 4, & 2. Not near the required strength to start snapping plastic!

I have an appointment to get these things fixed all at once.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i love my acadia. there's nothing that i hate. the only nuisance that i find is how the buttons are in the door armrest. my oldest son sits at the front most of the time and when he rests his arms in the armrest the window is accidentally opened, and sometimes the doors also.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i love the acadia
i hate kicking my wife to the curb to drive it.
i love the ride
i hate pulling in the driveway after kicking my wife to the curb and getting beat down like kimbo slice just did.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Web Raven said:
Hate:
That it seems like every time I get into the vehicle, I need to readjust my seat or my rearview mirror. What's up with that? Don't I sit in the same position every time? LOL
You are losing weight so you sit up higher each time you get in. That's why the mirrors look like they've been moved. Yeah, that's the ticket! :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Acadia has been a fantastic ride for the 6 weeks we've owned it.
only one small issue, Floor Mats don't cover very well......WeatherTech has solved that problem.

·
Registered
423 Posts
hi-jack...freakin falcons.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Schram said:
getting beat down like kimbo slice just did.
ROFLMAO ;D

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had acadia for 6 months and there is but love so far, nothing to hate yet. Love the comfort,
utility, heated seats (especially with the mornings now in the 40's), the way she drives and great
looks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Love- Looks, Ride, Buttons everywhere that do lots of cool stuff! Quiet on very rough Spokane Highway 90. Sunroofs for me and my kids. Perceived quality of materials to include leather so far is really good, (only 1 week and 550 miles). HUD is awesome! Gauges are very nice, Carbon Black Metalic looks sweet in the dark, in direct sun, in shaded areas and isn't as bad as some black colors to show dirt. Tons of space and lots of cubbies for stuff. Bluetooth works great. Good gas mileage which should get better as it breaks in. 5,200 lb tow capacity! Pretty much everything except below...

BIG DISLIKE- Can't open my tailgate in the garage, (I haven't backed in but should be able to open then. Garage door is 7ft and the tailgate opens just a little too high) I make sure to turn the auto open off when I pull in.

Dislike- The buttons that do all the cool stuff are kind of small and you have to push them in pretty far to activate their function, should be half the depth of push. Floormats look and feel really cheep for such a pricey car, really the low point of all materials used. Even my Scion XB, (way more boxy than the Ford Flex and probably the most unique and different looking car on the road, I loved it!) had "SCION" embroidered on its floor mats and had a binding to give it a finished look around the edge. Can't wait for my Weathertech mats. iPod intigration not standard or even an option without going aftermarket. My wife doesnt like that there isn't a door pull in the door's arm rest, only the vertical one, middle foreward, on the passanger door. Finally, doors dont have enough stop points or at least ones that make sense. It feels like I can't find the stop for me to fit in easy without having to worry about opening too far to tap the car next to me. I park out as far as possible anyway so no worries.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you have issues with the garage door hitting your liftgate (or hatch, whatever you prefer), put some plumbing pipe or some pool "noodles" with a slit cut in them along the rib of the garage door. Fasten them with zipties and you won't scratch your liftgate.

Love the smooth ride of the Acadia.

Hate that I only get to drive it to the gas station.
Glad I got one with a spare tire. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
mrvids said:
Hate that I only get to drive it to the gas station.
:ditto: Same here. The wife drives it probably 98% of the time. ;D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
adamZtoy said:
Love- Perceived quality of materials to include leather so far is really good, (only 1 week and 550 miles).
Dislike- The buttons that do all the cool stuff are kind of small and you have to push them in pretty far to activate their function, should be half the depth of push.
Finally, doors dont have enough stop points or at least ones that make sense. It feels like I can't find the stop for me to fit in easy without having to worry about opening too far to tap the car next to me. I park out as far as possible anyway so no worries.
Hope your interior withstands the kids. We don't really abuse it, just too many things broken in 6 weeks.
Going in on Monday. (today something else went, ordered the part, hoping it will be there when I am)
Buttons... press really hard > except for the window washer > once every two or three days
I accidentally hit it. Hate all the water marks after I just washed her.
Agree on the stop points, today I noticed on the 1st stop point my 7 year old had trouble "squeezing in" holding her books

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just got back from the High Sierras. Had 2 days of snow and 3 days of 22 degree weather. I love the remote start!!!!
To get to your car and have the seats hot and the engine warm is beyond belief.
I am sure one day I will find something to dislike.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts