GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am very interested in the Acadia. But will not buy for another 6 months at least. Reading posts, saw where Lansing Delta and the supply base is being pushed to meet demand. Sometimes not the best situation for quality product.

Very nice product tho. Like the design and the details. Please don't think the above is GM bashing. Just 16 years in auto industry has lead me to some informed opinions. Like not buying the first years production either from the line, or a used one.

Glad GM is moving up in the design competition.
1986 plymouth Horizon - new, 250,000, lots of issues after 140,000. typical chrysler electronic issues.
1991 Grand Prix, used at 50k - 247,000 miles, brakes, steering after 180,000. no complaints- great car - V6
1995 GMC Safari awd, bought used at 55k - 287,000 miles, suspension and steering, one exhaust system change out, no complaints, V6. off roaded on the tank trails in Grayling Michigan
1996 Ford Tuarus, company car, 98,500 miles in 16 months, suspension members shot in 40, not a strong car
2001 Impala, used at 36k - 204,000 miles, brakes, exhaust, front wheel bearing assemblies, no complaints. Getting tired, hoping for 300,000. all repairs after 200,000.

Anybody who says GM doesn't build good stuff, is wrong. I like their stuff.

Looked under the hood of the Toyota Sequias, 4 runners, Mercedes ML 400 and 500 series, and some others. Not impressed at all. Plumbing looked like they were designed in the 1960's, but i guess they get high marks.

j

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Man, you put some serious miles on your cars. 250k out of a Horizon - impressive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would add one other situation when not to buy. Any vehicles made around the major holidays. I've had 2 like that over the years and they both had weird things wrong with them. Like missing screws in a dashboard and wiring harnesses that weren't fastened down. I was told there's a lot of subs working the line during the holidays.

Of course I say that but the Acadia we ordered supposedly went to the line the week of Memorial Day.

·
Registered
362 Posts
mikiek said:
I would add one other situation when not to buy. Any vehicles made around the major holidays. I've had 2 like that over the years and they both had weird things wrong with them. Like missing screws in a dashboard and wiring harnesses that weren't fastened down. I was told there's a lot of subs working the line during the holidays.
I'm equally as worthless at work just before a major holiday. Don't tell my boss!

·
Registered
812 Posts
mtugrad1985 said:
Am very interested in the Acadia. But will not buy for another 6 months at least. Reading posts, saw where Lansing Delta and the supply base is being pushed to meet demand. Sometimes not the best situation for quality product.
youve hit the bone!!! thats what tends me to suspect the reason behind these quality issues thats not suppose to be there in the first place... like you, im still waiting!!!! :help:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts