GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested, I installed rain sensing wipers interface module from www.raintracker.com. I paid $99 + 10.47 s/h and was able to complete the installation in 45 minutes. Now that I've done the hard work, you should be able to do the install yourself in about 25 minutes. I will post installation photos and instructions later. It works as advertised, you can adjust the sensitivity by setting the 3 jumpers and not have to purchase the external sensitivity control.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Now this is definitely something I am interested in. I am looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for posting rae0568. After reading your post, and the Raiin Tracker website I ordered the RT-50. I'll look forward to your pics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not bad for a hundred bucks, but I just don't really see the need for something like this. I would like to see a rain sensor that could close the sunroof and windows if you leave them down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Please let us know how well it works. I love this feature on our Beemer.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Tomahawk said:
Not bad for a hundred bucks, but I just don't really see the need for something like this. I would like to see a rain sensor that could close the sunroof and windows if you leave them down.
I cannot remember which car it was, but one of my friends car will do exactly this. On a hot day, he can leave the windows down an inch or so and leave the sun roof open a bit. If it rains, the car will close them all and when it stops raining, it will put them back into the open position. It's pretty cool.

·
Registered
35 Posts
rae0568 said:
For anyone interested, I installed rain sensing wipers interface module from www.raintracker.com. I paid $99 + 10.47 s/h and was able to complete the installation in 45 minutes. Now that I've done the hard work, you should be able to do the install yourself in about 25 minutes. I will post installation photos and instructions later. It works as advertised, you can adjust the sensitivity by setting the 3 jumpers and not have to purchase the external sensitivity control.
I was wondering how these work in a car wash? Is there some way to override the sensors? Those brushes could do a number on the wipers I would think.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is an override switch that allows you turn the raintracker on and off. I just flip the switch to the off position when going thru a car wash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts