GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you interested, there is a company (Opto-Electronic Design, Inc) that offers a rain sensing device called Rain Tracker that is compatible with the Acadia. They have vehicle specific installation instructions for the Acadia and other GM models for those of you who want to tackle this yourself. The price is $149. http://www.raintracker.com/

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm just wondering what added benefits does this device give? :-\
Well, of course, it turns on when rain is present but I'm pretty good in sensing rain, too...when I see rain on windshield, I automatically flip the wiper switch to turn it on.
In automatic car wash,I believe you need to deactivate the device else you're gonna be breaking the wiper arm.
just a thought...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had the factory rain sensing wipers on my last vehicle and it is pretty nice, took a little while to get use to not having it on the Acadia.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Boltbacker said:
I had the factory rain sensing wipers on my last vehicle and it is pretty nice, took a little while to get use to not having it on the Acadia.
Same here.My last car had the rain sensing wipers and it's one of those things you didn't think you'd miss until you don't have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts