GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Acadia
Radio screen went black and will not turn on and blinker noises don't work either as they are produced by the speaker in the a-pillars i assume. I would also assume I have power to the radio because the ambient lights are glowing. I checked the radio and amp fuse and both are good. Is there another fuse placed internally in the radio? Is there any other checks/tests i can do?

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The radio doesn't have a serviceable fuse inside of it (assuming it's a factory unit).

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
It seems like the radio has gone bad as long as there aren't any untold modifications. Not aware of any additional testing you could do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems like the radio has gone bad as long as there aren't any untold modifications. Not aware of any additional testing you could do.
Yeah everything is factory in the car, no mods. Is this a common thing to happen in these vehicles? It is a 2013 with only 60k miles. Seems very odd that the radio would just quit without any intermittent issues preceding the failure. I've also had to replace high pressure fuel pump, struts and rear control arms recently, which IMO is low mileage to have to replace some of these parts (especially the high pressure fuel pump). Luckily i do all my own work, but thinking a different vehicle is in my near future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do i have for replacement options? Whether that be OEM or aftermarket.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Crutchfield is a great place to look for options and OE replacements. Their list is very comprehensive. After you select something you want, use that model as keywords in a 'net search and shop for the best price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crutchfield is a great place to look for options and OE replacements. Their list is very comprehensive. After you select something you want, use that model as keywords in a 'net search and shop for the best price.
Take off the inner drivers side door panel. check the cable connections to the speaker, and any others. The power for the turn signals runs thru this junction. If nothing is amiss then most likely BCM is faulty. Would need to take to dealership. New BCM's are not plug and play. Dealer would need to program a new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update.... The radio was draining the battery overnight. I have since removed the radio from the vehicle and have no battery draining anymore. I never had any blown fuses or intermittent issues with the radio. The radio just all of a sudden went black and started draining the battery. Im about to purchase a new radio, but have a slight hesitation in doing so in fear there is a bigger issue that will also ruin the new radio, but with no fuses blown and no other issues in the car I would assume it was just isolated to the factory radio. I'm going to go with an aftermarket Kenwood and idatalink module to retain all of the factory features and then some.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Update.... The radio was draining the battery overnight. I have since removed the radio from the vehicle and have no battery draining anymore. I never had any blown fuses or intermittent issues with the radio. The radio just all of a sudden went black and started draining the battery. ...
This is reminiscent of a radio problem I experienced in another vehicle. I'd go outside to the yard and hear music from time to time. Found out the vehicle's radio was turning itself on and off at will. Only thing that would resolve it was take the radio out of the dash. Modern electronic issues can be interesting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
3 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing