GMC Acadia Forum banner

Are you experiencing this problem?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience the radio changing stations all of a sudden? Or when you have a CD in the player it changes the song before it is completed?

Thanks!

Adam Boca

·
Registered
246 Posts
No problems here so far. Sounds like Adam's radio is possessed :help:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds like Casper the friendly ghost is showing up just in time for Halloween. :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
No problem here either. Could you possibly be hitting the steering wheel controls accidently while you are driving? Maybe there is something wrong with the steering wheel control switches that causes this to happen while you are driving. ???

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well, I have had that happen. Turns out it was my son in the back screwing around with the controls. Do you have any kids?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have a baby, so she is not doing it...Very strange and inconsistant..

Adam

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had this issue from day 1. It seems to only effect the SLT's that have the Bose option. When I took the Acadia in for the first oil change, I mentioned the radio changes stations randomly and also has a whine in the speakers. The whine will change pitch with RPM's. We checked out 3 other SLT's with the Bose and Two without the Bose. Non-Bose = no problems.

So far no Fix from GM that I know of. Sound like a loose ground or a cold solder joint...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had this problem once, the XM stations were changing at random, no kids in the back, no luggage pushing buttons. I looked at the car beside us at the traffic light to see if they had a remote pointed at our car, nothing there either. Sounds like RPM frequency/bad solder joint. I do have the Bose.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife told me she said this happened just once a couple of weeks ago, but she is not sure if she hit the steering wheel controls. Only have 1800 miles on the car so I am hoping it was an anomoly and not something we will see again.

Anyone have an update or have experienced it all the time? ???

PS.. I have the Bose system.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have the Bose system and have never experienced this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have been experiencing this the past few days. The volume went up randomly a few days ago and today all the stations kept changing. I would change the band from am to fm and it would be on a different channel every time. Very strange.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine been doing this for a few days now.Either driving or just sitting in the garage. Seems to change stations going either up one or down one from what ever I have it on.Either xm or fm doesnt matter.Weird when it changes and then changes back just before you hit the button.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I had a problem yesterday (Dec 1), when my onstar phone wouldn't work. Wonder if there are sunspots going on, or if there satellite is having some problems?

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you have the optional rear audio controls make sure nothing is leaning against them, if you don't have the rear controls...I have no clue.

·
Registered
423 Posts
It just happened to me today. But when it just happened I just looked at where my hands/fingers were and they were exactly at the buttons. So I think I pushed the buttons on the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts