GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still anxiously awaiting (ordered 2/3) I have a question regarding the rear radio controls. I ordered an SLT-1 with the standard radio (no XM) 6 disc changer, no DVD. Can anyone tell me if I have the radio on , can the rear listen to a different radio station through the headphones? Or can the rear only listen to an aux source, ie CD. Also can the rear listen to an IPOD through the headphones while I have the radio on in front? I assume the IPOD is plugged into the radio up front. The thought of not having to listen to the same stations as my teen daughter is too good to be true!!! :help:

·
Registered
492 Posts
From Manual:

Rear Seat Audio
The Rear Seat Audio (RSA) system
allows front seat and rear seat passengers
to listen to different entertainment
sources at the same time using the rear
seat controls and wired (not supplied) or
wireless (if equipped) headphones.
To select an entertainment source
(radio, CD, or DVD, if equipped):
• Press the SRCE (Source) button.
To adjust the volume:
• Turn the left volume knob to adjust
the left wired headphones and the
right volume knob to adjust the right
wired headphones. On wireless headphones,
adjust volume using the
headphone volume control.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Moms Taxi said:
Still anxiously awaiting (ordered 2/3) I have a question regarding the rear radio controls. I ordered an SLT-1 with the standard radio (no XM) 6 disc changer, no DVD. Can anyone tell me if I have the radio on , can the rear listen to a different radio station through the headphones? Or can the rear only listen to an aux source, ie CD. Also can the rear listen to an IPOD through the headphones while I have the radio on in front? I assume the IPOD is plugged into the radio up front. The thought of not having to listen to the same stations as my teen daughter is too good to be true!!! :help:
Just as Racefla summed it up....yep, you can listen to different sources. You can have your iPod plugged up front in the AUX input while you are listening to the radio. The rear seat passengers can either listen to the iPod, the radio, or a CD in the changer simply by pressing SOURCE. Or you can all listen to the same thing. When you turn on the rear audio there's a slight pause and the car's volume seems to go down just a touch. Then just plug in your headphones and you're all set (or at least your daughter is!) Cool thing is there are two separate headphone jacks on the rear controls with separate volumes, so each person can do deaf at different volumes.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
492 Posts
When you turn on the rear audio there's a slight pause and the car's volume seems to go down just a touch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I beleive the rear speakers turn off and it goes to front only speakers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Racefla said:
When you turn on the rear audio there's a slight pause and the car's volume seems to go down just a touch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I beleive the rear speakers turn off and it goes to front only speakers.
Yeah you're absolutely right. I just went out and gave it a try. The rear speakers shut off completely, and the rear passengers can only listen through the headphone jacks. Moms Taxi, you should also note that you CANNOT listen to two separate radio stations. The rear feeds off of the front and cannot tune 2 separate stations. When the headphones are plugged in the rear, the driver controls the radio stations and which CD to play in the changer. The rear only chooses which source to select and forward/reverse of CD tracks.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BurgundyGold, I appreciate your checking this out for me. It did sound too good to be true! Now if only my Acadia would arrive...... I was told probably next week. Can't Wait!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Burg - this is true if you don't have XM. If you do have XM, it's treated as a separate source from AM/FM, so you at least can have one person listening to one XM channel on headphones and the main speaker tuned to a different FM or AM channel. If you plan on having multiple radio listeners at the same time, it's another checkmark in the "Pros" column for XM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts